Before I dive into our wonderful Mother's Day weekend I just couldn't resist sharing these pictures, even though I probably shouldn't. Please keep in mind I had JUST rolled out of bed, walked into the bathroom, only to find my eyelids just about swollen shut. I had to take a few pictures.
I bought some new makeup remover/facial wipes, I used them 2 nights in a row and this is what I get. I guess I'm allergic and won't be using them again.
(and no, my face is NOT swollen that is just my natural chipmunk cheeks. Although my eyes are swollen all around)
Saturday morning we threw a little tea party birthday party for Grammy. It was so fun, we all dressed up in our tea party attire had a delightful time, yummy food and chatted about great memories with Grammy.
She is such an amazing women, she has been retired for about 10 years and still everyday devotes her life to the Treehouse, Dee school elementary (where she taught first grade) buying groceries for Hispanic families, always making her amazing Mexican food for families in need, taking Leta her 90 year old friend to get her hair done on Saturday mornings and the list goes on and on. You would never guess she turns 78 on Wednesday.
The Beautiful Birthday Girl. The "hat" she's wearing was my Great Grandma Sammy's.
Ruby and I matched, wearing Grammy's favorite color PINK!
(eyes still a little swollen)
Most of the girl cousins from the Savage side (my mom's side of the family)

I made this cake for my Grammy a Giant Cupcake! I was pretty proud, it was so hard to bake, the pan was so dense but it actually turned out quite well.
Group photo!

Boen and Ruby
And the only picture I took of the Oberg Mother's Day festivities:
Craig holding baby Hazel for the "5th time". So cute
Sunday it was back to the Speechly's after a lovely luncheon with the Oberg's.
The kids showering my mom with their gifts.
I really believe that I have been blessed with the most amazing mothers and grandmothers in the world. My mom is truly amazing, beautiful, I can tell her anything and she is one of my best friends. She loves her kids and grand kids unconditionally. She has taught me so much throughout my life and I can't thank her enough.
I also don't think that I could have been blessed with a better mother in law. She is so amazing, so talented, beautiful and loving. I feel so comfortable around her, she is so sweet and would never make me feel out of place. I honestly can say that I can't complain! I've never had one bad thing to say about her and couldn't make one up if I had too, which is a lot to say for some people. But she is great and I love her so much.
I love my mothers!
She is such an amazing women, she has been retired for about 10 years and still everyday devotes her life to the Treehouse, Dee school elementary (where she taught first grade) buying groceries for Hispanic families, always making her amazing Mexican food for families in need, taking Leta her 90 year old friend to get her hair done on Saturday mornings and the list goes on and on. You would never guess she turns 78 on Wednesday.
The Beautiful Birthday Girl. The "hat" she's wearing was my Great Grandma Sammy's.
Ruby and I matched, wearing Grammy's favorite color PINK!
(eyes still a little swollen)
I made this cake for my Grammy a Giant Cupcake! I was pretty proud, it was so hard to bake, the pan was so dense but it actually turned out quite well.
Group photo!
Boen and Ruby
And the only picture I took of the Oberg Mother's Day festivities:
Craig holding baby Hazel for the "5th time". So cute
The kids showering my mom with their gifts.
I also don't think that I could have been blessed with a better mother in law. She is so amazing, so talented, beautiful and loving. I feel so comfortable around her, she is so sweet and would never make me feel out of place. I honestly can say that I can't complain! I've never had one bad thing to say about her and couldn't make one up if I had too, which is a lot to say for some people. But she is great and I love her so much.
I love my mothers!
8 comments:
Wait, why were your eyes swollen? Just because they wanted to? Or was there a medical reason? Like as an allergic reaction or something.
Hahah, Oh Sammy, I'm still laughing about the swollen eye picture. I'm glad you posted it. I'm so glad that you documented the Grandpa Oberg holding Hazel for the "5th" time... that will go down in history, ha!
I tried to get Taylor to call you guys last night so that we could go to Sonic for a slushy drink (definitely not as good as Zeppe's) and go to the park. He thought that was a terrible idea because it was a "hurricane" outside and he wanted to stay home and be lazy....
Okay what wipes were they you know we have a lot of the same allergies and I don't need any allergic reactions. Nice pics by the way!
seriously sammy, I've had the EXACT same thing happen to me before with eye makeup remover. crazy stuff. cute pictures, looks like you had a fun mothers day weekend. hows logan?
I am still laughing at your face, (sorry) but I can't believe how swollen. Crazy, don't use those again. And what cute pics.
Poor eyes. Holy cow i have to admit i did chuckle. But your are gorgepus darling even with swollen eyes.
I want a tea party like that. My boys don't do tea parties like that, it looks so fun.
That cake is adorable!!!
OK TOTALLY missed the sentance where you explained about the make up remover wipes being used 2 nights in a row. hahaha
Post a Comment