12/11/09

Tiding's of Joy

While I'm having a REALLY hard time adjusting to the subzero temperatures up here in Cache Valley, we are sure getting excited for Christmas.
The Christmas tree debate has not quite been solved, but we are improvising and have opted to wait until the end of the Christmas season and try to snag an artificial beauty when they go on sale.

Our adorable 2 foot tree with a few of our favorite ornaments.My NativitiesOur cute lights hung by surprise by Erik while I was at the cannery for Relief Society (so fun). What a husband.My mom, sisters and I made these wreathes the day after Thanksgiving. They turned out great!My favorite, red and gold ball ornaments that don't fit on my baby tree.April's friend Kristen made the JOY which I bought at my boutique and just LOVE.
Erik's mom painted this beautiful picture of Santa and gave all the Oberg girls one last Christmas. It is my favorite Christmas decoration, I love it, she's amazing.
Right now I'm obsessed with this CD, everyone needs it! He's so amazing, what a voice, and he's from Utah! Even better. Merry Christmas only 2 More weeks!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Steve and I got our artificial tree at a HUGE discount -- like 70% off -- because we bought a floor model! Just ask the store employees if any of their floor models are for sale and see :) I like it because I don't have to string the lights on the tree every year! PLUS I don't have to BUY a new tree every year! Bonus! And I love your decorations, by the way!

Donene said...

Your decorations look great! The trees are a great price after Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas!

The Obergs said...

Oh Erik put up the lights! What a sweet boy. Taylor told me that he was NEVER putting up Christmas lights. I blame Craig for this hum-buggery.

I think your little tree is a good stand-in until the real thing gets here.

By the way, I LOVE my santa picture too. We're lucky girls to have such a talented mother-in-law.

April said...

I'm lovin' Archie's CD, soooo good.
And give Erik a big hug for the Christmas lights, I call Trent Scrooge because he won't put some on our house.
And the picture of Santa, I love and want one, so you can tell her that.

Paige said...

are those the same ornament wreaths that meags made? I want to make one so bad! They're really cute. I love all of your cute decorations.

Sharee said...

Cute decorations. If you want a tree we can get you a real one next year. And for a cheap price! However I love yours. We have 3 trees just like that, one for each of the boys.
LOVE LOVE LOVE your ball wreath and the painting...wow! I didn't know she was an artist. What doesn't that family do? They are so talented.