12/28/10

Christmas 2010


What a crazy week. Although there were a few unexpected things that happened on our Christmas break (see post below) it was the best Christmas ever.  Lots of family, food, presents, talking to my brother on his mission in Ghana Africa, shopping, hospital visits, food, talking, laughing, Christmas movies, more food, etc.
We took 196 pictures in 8 days so I'll try to narrow it down.  
(Luckily I already did a post of 2 Christmas parties so I won't have to include those)
Tuesday was the Speechly cousin party. We usually have a Christmas Eve arty with the whole Speechly side but this year we just did a cousin party and it was a blast!  We had fondue which was amazing, caught up with each other and played Yankee swap with Christmas presents.
 
Wednesday we headed up to Oberg's for a few days, Violet and Hazel watched some cartoons, we made some delicious carmel covered marshmallows, and watched movies.
 

Friday/Christmas Eve we headed back down to my parents for the Christmas Eve festivities.
Violet and Finn in their Christmas Eve best


and had our first ever Speechly Grandchildren Nativity
This makes me laugh every single time I watch it!


 
The kids opened their present from each other, Violet got this glow seahorse from Finn, she gave him one in blue!


Christmas morning was the best ever.  Violet woke up at 7:30 as usual, we fed her and in we went to open our presents.  She had no idea what was going on but I still think she loved every moment of it.  She was sure spoiled, but of course her favorite part was the paper
 
 

My mom gave Violet this darling outfit, I just love it!

We also got to talk to my brother Jeff on his mission in Ghana, he sounds amazing.
Then headed back up to Oberg's where we opened more presents and Erik and I laughed and died over how sweet and funny these pictures are of our beautiful baby.
 Look at that chin! Oh she looks so round with her hat on

5 comments:

April said...

You really posted my butt?!? Ahhhh!
I love the pic of violet and Finn she's like, sit back Finn I'm the star of the picture. Loved having you down all week, we miss you!dj

meag said...

looks like such a fun week. violet is so darling....can't wait to see her on friday.

Donene said...

I love those cuTe cheeks! She is adorable and it looks like you had a great Christmas!

The Obergs said...

I do love that top picture where baby Violet looks like some heavenly being...hahah.

I also love the video where you have Violet come swooping in as an angel, that was so cute. And actually, very fitting for my comment above.

I'm missing Zumba. I so wish it was going on tonight.

P.S. Are you looking at the snow outside? It's coming down sideways!

Alex and Anna said...

Sammy it looks like you guys are having a fun break! I still can't get over how cute violet is!!