Friday was Erik's Grandpa Shaw's 78th birthday. At 78 he is still going strong working on the farm, hunting, fishing, camping, and horseback riding. Erik has so many fond memories with his grandpa. He grew up living right next door to his grandparents in Liberty and he would often woke to a tap on his window early in the morning "Erik I need some help". Erik was so happy to help his sweet grandpa with the sheep, move pipe in the fields, haul hay and rocks, fix equipment and so much more. He has learned so much growing up on a farm and has amazing work ethic. The Oberg's/Shaw's are extremely hard working people! I wish I would've gotten a picture of us with Grandma and Grandpa Shaw on his birthday, but Violet was having a meltdown. Too many people. Erik looks an awful lot like his Grandpa and has the same temperament.
Happy Birthday Sweet Grandpa Shaw!
Happy Birthday Sweet Grandpa Shaw!
Saturday morning was the Ogden Marathon. While Violet was having her morning nap Erik and I left her with my parents and headed down to see Lynnette and Craig come through the finish line.
It was so inspiring! There were 1,000's of people and it really made me want to run down that stretch and cross the finish line. One of these days I think I'd like to do a half. Don't think I'll ever have the desire to run a full... There was a live band, vendors, and it was so amazing to see all the runners and the look on their faces as they finished their race. Tears came to my eyes one too many times. What is my deal?!
It was so inspiring! There were 1,000's of people and it really made me want to run down that stretch and cross the finish line. One of these days I think I'd like to do a half. Don't think I'll ever have the desire to run a full... There was a live band, vendors, and it was so amazing to see all the runners and the look on their faces as they finished their race. Tears came to my eyes one too many times. What is my deal?!
3hrs 32 min 36 sec, PR and 3rd in his age group
Lynnette ran her first half marathon and finished in 2hrs 30 min
Lynnette ran her first half marathon and finished in 2hrs 30 min
Then it was time for Grammy's 80th Birthday party! She actually turned 80 on the 13th but due to conflicting schedules we celebrated on the 21st which is lucky, the weather was beautiful!
You can never say enough about this woman. She is so amazing, beautiful, strong, selfless, compassionate, ETC! She does Toddler Time at the Tree House Museum in Ogden every Monday, takes her 90 year old friend to get her hair done every Saturday morning, plays cards with her girlfriends weekly, "retired" as an elementary school teacher, still goes back and has been teaching 57 years! Not to mention she babysits all her great grandchildren whenever she can, she watched Violet Saturday night while we all went to the new Pirates, which was really good.
My Aunt Lauri, Grammy, Uncle B (Brett) and mom
You can never say enough about this woman. She is so amazing, beautiful, strong, selfless, compassionate, ETC! She does Toddler Time at the Tree House Museum in Ogden every Monday, takes her 90 year old friend to get her hair done every Saturday morning, plays cards with her girlfriends weekly, "retired" as an elementary school teacher, still goes back and has been teaching 57 years! Not to mention she babysits all her great grandchildren whenever she can, she watched Violet Saturday night while we all went to the new Pirates, which was really good.
My Aunt Lauri, Grammy, Uncle B (Brett) and mom
My goofy uncle, he made some of the best smoked bbq I've ever had! The food was amazing, and wouldn't be complete without Holli cake and homemade ice cream.
6 comments:
She is gorgeous and her cake was great! :)
your grandma is the cutest thing ever. really, she is.
way to go Craig and Lynette! I'm so impressed by them, especially lynette who just whipped this race out.
Your grandma's party looked great as did the holli cake.
Should we go up the canyon tonight?
What an amazing lady. Sounds like she's raised an incredible family too! ;) And I fully support you in your half marathon dream. I think I'd like to run one someday too.
Happy Birthday to your Grandma! She is so cute! I miss being in the Malan's Peak Relief Society and her playing the piano!! I'll be in town from June 7th-July 7th so get ready!! I'm excited to see you and cute little Violet! She's getting so big!!
Oh I just love Phyllis !!! congrats to her - - Your little Violet reminds me of her !
Post a Comment