Well, life has been pretty hectic around here with the move and all, so I have nothing exciting to blog about, but felt like blogging nonetheless.
Also here are some cute pictures of Violet catching sun beams.
As of now we are moving the week of Thanksgiving (exact date TBD) Erik's start date is November 28th. He is going to be working at Leprino Food Company. They make the cheese for Domino's, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and more. So every time you eat from one of those places, think of us! He is going to be a Project Microbiologist and also working in Research and Development.
His company has a relocation company they work with so we are lucky enough to have them come and pack up all our things and move us without us lifting a finger! This both excites me and makes me nervous, everything is insured so I know even if something does break it will be replaced, but still kind of nerve wracking knowing some man is going to be touching my unmentionables and everything else I own.
They are also paying for us to fly out so we can take a look at a few places. Looking for an apartment has been a nightmare! We have no idea what areas are good or bad, and don't know what to expect with cost of rent, so it's definitely a blessing that we can go out and take a look for ourselves instead of trusting pictures online.
Ever since I was a nanny and got out of Utah, I've wanted to live out of state to experience life outside of Utah. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Utah, will always love Utah and be very prideful of where I am from, I think Utah will always be my home. But now that it is actually here; moving out of state, 8 hours away from our family and friends, knowing that we will most likely live in Denver for the rest of our lives, having to start all over with meeting friends, it's all kind of daunting. I am so grateful that he was able to find such an amazing job before he's even technically finished with his masters, that he's able to be in a company where he can move up, and have great opportunities. But man, I'm going to miss my family. One of my sisters lives 1 block from my mom, and my other lives 15 minutes away, it's going to be hard talking to them on the phone when they are altogether, knowing everything we are missing out on. I am going to miss going to stay at our parents' and having all the family gather round, being able to spend holidays, football games (despite all my whining) and every family function there is. Perhaps most of all (sorry siblings and parents) I am going to miss our nieces and nephews! They are the cutest and sweetest kids and it's going to be hard not seeing them almost weekly once we move. Thank heavens for Skype!
So, it's an update, not much of an update, but, but we are getting there. Here's to 2 more weeks in Utah!