12/8/11

It's Time

This week is going by way to quickly for my liking.  My mom leaves Friday and I don't want her to go!  (Who's visiting next?! Seriously!) I truly don't know what I would've done without her.  Violet was an angel on the drive out here, but it still took us 10+ hours to get here (usually an 8 hour drive) and it would've been even longer if it had been just Violet and I.  Even when I was tired and needed a break from unpacking and putting things away she kept at it and helped me so much with finding places for things.

I've been waiting for the perfect moment to reveal our fun news, not sure when that would be exactly, amidst all the excitment/stress with moving it's kind of fallen on the wayside but definitely not in our minds. I think it's time!










 I am 14 weeks and due June 5th. We are thrilled, I always wanted my first two really close, like 18 months close but 23 months is perfect especially since that means I would be having a baby in a month! 

I am so grateful for this baby no matter when it decided to come. It has been a crazy few months; we found out we were having this baby at the end of September and then a couple weeks later found out we were moving to Denver. We knew that Erik would be getting a job soon, but things sure happened one right after another. We are so grateful and feel so blessed.  A new job and a baby?! What more could we ask for? 

I have felt really well, same as with Vi as long as I eat all-the-time. I'm showing quite a bit now, you'd definitely think I was pregnant or just getting a gut, but that could just be a food baby from all the crap we've been eating from traveling and eating out daily!

Ever since the moment I had my first positive pregnancy test I knew that motherhood was such a blessing and something I wanted to do over and over again. I have been wanting another baby since the moment Violet was born. Seriously. I could not wait to go to my monthly Dr visits, go into labor, hold my sweet baby for the first time all over again. I had to keep telling myself I had to wait a while until I allowed myself to get pregnant again. I remember thinking when she was 3 months old, is it too soon to try for another? I would have although I knew for all of us I needed to wait.

I love my sweet Violet girl (even though with this move she has turned her into quite the little stinker and spoiled little tantrum thrower!) and can't wait to have this baby join our family.  Violet LOVES babies, every time we see one she gets so excited and says "Baby? Ohhhhh." She loves my friend Vienna's baby Nolie, is so good and soft with her, doesn't get jealous when I hold her, and loves to give kisses and says ohhhhhh to here dollies and when she sees them.  She is going to be such a good big sister.

Sorry this is so long and boring, I just really wanted to express my gratitude and thoughts about this moment in our life. I am so grateful to be pregnant again, have a new nice place to live close to family, and have a new job in this crazy economy.

20 comments:

Claire said...

Oh Sam! How exciting for your little family! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm so sad we couldn't say goodbye before you left, but this just means you have to post more pictures:)

meag said...

yeah!!! so incredibly happy for you guys! you are such an awesome mom, and violet and baby #2 are very very lucky. hope your feeling well. i'll be your next visitor!!!

Unknown said...

Sammy! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! xoxo

April said...

YAY!!! You said it perfect! you are so blessed and I"m so glad things have gone so well for you lately you guys deserve it! yay I can't wait to see what your having just wish you lived closer. and yes mom is amazing glad she got to come but sad I didn't! :( I'm saving my money to come for a week when you have this baby whether you like it or not. haha!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Sammy! This is such great and exciting news!

Ben and Camille said...

CONGRATS!! That's so awesome!! How fun:)

Maren said...

YAY! Sammy, I'm due June 15th! How fun! I hope you guys are loving Denver. I have a lot of family in the area and I loooove it there.

Samantha said...

Yay!! Congrats!! That is all so exciting for you guys! Especially the baby part :)

Amy said...

Yippee skippy! Being an Aunt to a new baby is almost as good as being a mom to a new baby! I will plan as good as I can to get there to take some beautiful pics of your new beautiful addition!!! Cannot wait and you are a great mom! I just can't wait to find out if its a girl or boy! little jon wayne is my guess!

Abigail Call Porter said...

Yay congratulations!! That's so exciting, that's great that Eric got a good job I think you' ll end up loving Denver! It will become your home not like I'm one to talk all I can think about is going to see my family for Christmas. Anyway so happy for you guys! Good luck:)

Kym said...

Congratulations!!! Your baby will be just as cute as Violet!!

Donene said...

Congratulations! What very exciting news!! Hope you are feeling well.

Kelsey said...

congrats! i am glad you are feeling so well this far into your first trimester, moving would be so much harder if you weren't. i am so happy for you, you are in such a sweet place in your life, congrats (again)!

Alex and Anna said...

Sammy how exciting!!! I am so happy for u guys!! Violet made me baby hungry she is too cute so I'm sure your next will be so adorable!! Congrats!!!

Vienna said...

Yay yay yay! I'm so excited to find out what you're having so I can make cute presents for him/her! I know exactly what you mean; being pregnant was so amazing and Nolie is getting so big that it makes me excited to do it again someday. I didn't think I'd feel like that so soon, but it's just such a special thing. Congratulations; I'm so happy for you guys and for all these great things happening for you. You deserve it!

Kenzie said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!! :) I hope you continue to feel well!

anna said...

aww! so exciting! I feel the same way, I keep asking myself, "how soon is too soon!?" I'm so excited for you guys though, congratulations!

Alyssa Harper said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Your baby is bound to be just beautiful with a super model big sis like that!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! How exciting! And it looks like you guys are loving Denver. Colorado is the best - I loved living there and could totally see myself living there again.

Pieces of Us said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you guys!