I'm sure many of you were thinking this was going to be a post with pictures of my sweet new baby girl (unless of course you saw the title first) No baby here yet.
That Tom Petty is a lyrical genius. Although hauling this pregnant body everywhere is extremely hard, I'm sore, tired and so ready to hold my sweet baby girl, the waiting really IS the hardest part. I am a creature of habit, I had my massage yesterday and so I thought for sure I would wake up in the night with contractions like I did with Violet. Yet, every time I woke up to roll over (which is basically every hour) I was sorely disappointed that I wasn't in labor. The homes stretch is definitely harder this time around: With Vi I had no idea what to expect, knew my due date was 5 days away, yet woke up at 3:30 AM in labor. Now here I am my second time around, can't go back to sleep even though Violet is still sleeping, just 3 days before my due date and no baby.
I'm also kind of superstitious. I started The Host for the third time last week and told myself that I would have her once I finished. Well I finished that yesterday. All systems go right? I also thought maybe she would be born on the first so that both my girls were born on odd days with ones. Nope. Maybe tomorrow, it's an odd day.
Then there's the jinxing. I had my Dr's appointment Tuesday where I was told there was little or no progress. My mom was planning on coming Wednesday or Thursday so I called and said to just come Wednesday, I needed her and she didn't want to miss being here in case Baby Sis did come early. Plus I was just too anxious and bored and I knew it would help to have company. Now I feel like I'm jinxed because I was impatient and needed to just wait and have her come Friday like we had originally planned. Jinxed again because I keep feeling like "oh there's no way I'm making it until Friday!"
"oh there's NO way I'm making it until SATURDAY!"
Yet here I am, Saturday morning. I honestly am just that sore and tired that I felt like there was no way she could possibly stay in here any longer!
I really can't complain, since my mom's been here I haven't had to lift a finger, (which may be another reason I haven't had her yet) and I don't even want to think of the boredom and craziness I'd be experiencing right now if she weren't here. We've been walking and running lots of errands in hopes that it'll help her come. I do feel pretty well all things considered, and I am grateful that she is inside a bit longer so that I can enjoy my sweet Violet a little more, I can get some more rest, and I know that once she is here, she's here to stay! Also, I'm still not even to my due date yet. It could be MUCH worse, my friend is currently (unless she's had her baby since last night) over a week passed her due date with her second! Bless her heart, i hope that baby comes soon, she's going natural!
Thanks for letting me vent and throw myself a pity party. Now let's hope THIS is the last post before the big "Baby Sister" announcement.
2 comments:
I keep waiting for news that sweet girl babe is on her way! I'm sure you're dying. It's no fun at all, those last weeks and days. But on the bright side, at least you only have a few more days at most. And getting induced is actually pretty nice, because you know for sure you're having a baby that day!
Good luck, have fun with your mom and Vi, and I can't WAIT to see that baby!!! I'm really sad I can't see her in person.
I've been checking my phone every day to see if there is any news about baby sister, but I've refrained from calling because I remember how bugged I was when everyone kept texting and calling, asking if I'd had Hazel yet... especially once I'd gone past my due date. Are you still planning on being induced on your due date? That's only 2 days away!!!! Just know that we're thinking about you and so excited to meet this sweet little girl. (I'm especially excited for you to have your baby, because that means it's my turn next... hahah)
Post a Comment