7/23/12

Blessing Birthday Bash

One of the worst things about living out of state is that Violet won't grow up with cousins living close. So we made the most of it while we were in town, before Erik flew home we were able to have a Blessing-Birthday Bash and bless Elsie and celebrate Violet's 2nd birthday (a few days early due to Erik being in Denver on Vi's actual birthday and already having both sides of the family together for the blessing) It was held at Erik's extended families' "campground" in Liberty, it was a beautiful day. I was a little sad that the girls didn't have their own day for these big events, but after Violet's party last year I didn't want to plan too much or spend too much. Plus neither of them even knew they had to share their special day.
Erik gave a beautiful blessing
 
It was another day in the high 90's so the guys quickly changed out of the shirt and ties into something a little cooler
  Not sure where I was for this sibling picture!?
After some lunch Violet was ready for HER party to begin, no one had to tell her what to do!
 She has a slight obsession with Ariel (you'll see more of that when I post Elsie's newborn pictures) so Erik and I couldn't pass up this bath time Ariel doll. She sings and has hair! Anytime I need a break and it's a "movie day" Violet choses to watch The Little Mermaid. She even sings Ariel's song (ah ah ah, ah ah ah, know what I'm saying?)
 My mom made her a Milly cake. Violet's favorite TV show is "Team Umi Zoomi" She says "Milly measure!" And it's the cutest thing you've ever heard in her little voice. It tasted, as always, even better than it looks. There wasn't a crumb left
 Blew out her candles all by herself
 MMMM!
 
 Kissing cousins, LOVE this picture with Finn. His eyes are closed! They are just 6 weeks apart

 All of the Oberg grandchildren
Then there was more spending time with family
Elsie and Nora, 18 days apart (don't worry that this outfit doesn't fit anymore. It's 0-3 months too!
 The 3 youngest Oberg's, Cash had to get in on the action
 The Oberg girls went to City Creek. LOVED it and totally get what all the commotion is about! So fun, can't wait to get back.

On Vi's actual birthday we went to the tree house, she was in heaven

 Then it was time to run through the sprinklers in her birthday suit. I can't wait until we have a yard for Violet to play in, it was her favorite thing to do, she never wanted to go inside, and LOVED running through the sprinklers
Balding! I really think that her head has just grown and her hair has spread out, she still has tons in back and her little spikes
  It's good to be back, but it's hard not knowing exactly when we'll see family again, Thanksgiving possibly? Christmas?
Two cute pictures for good measure, look at those rolls, she's got one more higher up and a neck roll that goes all the way around, chuba chub.
 She's been talking and cooing for a while now, LOVE it!
 This in particular was one morning at 6 AM

3 comments:

The Obergs said...

It even looks like Violet is singing the ariel song in that picture, hahaha. I totally know what you're talking about because that song is sung on a regular basis at our house, with Hazel being ariel and me being Ursula ("keep singing!").

I love the pictures you got of the two babes. They turned out much better than mine did.

Also, I agree with you on the hair thing. All of Nora's hair is still hanging around in the back, but she's totally getting the receding hair line just like Elsie...

Elsie is such a doll, I adore all of her chubby rolls.

I'm so glad you guys got to come for a visit. It was great to spend time together and your blessing/birthday party turned out perfect. I loved the location, couldn't have been any better!

meag said...

CANNOT believe how much bigger elsie is. She is so adorable!!! and look and violet, all grown up and TWO years old. so sweet. i love that she loves little mermaid. i think it is great that they both shared that special day. so fun to be able to spend so much time with your family. glad i got to see you too.

April said...

so fun to see you for a couple weeks! Sad you had to go home and i can't believe how big she got while she was here!!! you are a nursing champ! I hope she's going longer than 2 hours now! The blessing was so fun what a cool place!