1/9/14

Thanksgiving 2014

Last years Thanksgiving was SO much fun. We loved staying at home and having our dear friends the Goates out for a week. We were lucky enough to have my parents come out this year, which did not disappoint! (Thanksgiving 2014 is open if anyone wants to call dibs on Thanksgiving in Denver!)

When my parents come (or any visitors for that matter) we always have to eat at our favorite places that they don't have in Utah (or at least not close)

Mellow Mushroom of course, and hey! I AM alive! I finally have a picture of me on the old blog
and so many more it's hard to count. We literally ate at home on Thanksgiving Day and then maybe one other meal (besides breakfasts) all the rest were out to eat! NOT that I'm complaining

My girls sure love having Grammy and Papa all to themselves



 We also shopped til we dropped almost everyday

Thanksgiving was so much fun, we didn't skimp on anything, especially the homemade rolls! Violet LOVED helping Grammy and did such a great job.

 It was a beautiful day, almost 60 degrees so we got to play outside while waiting to eat











The carving of the turkey. 
I failed to mention that we had our friends over to eat. Maybe it's because not one of us managed to take a single picture once they got there and we sat down to eat! But they came, and it was great, because we had so much food, it didn't even look like we had touched it.

We also went to Frozen which we still cannot get away from. Not a day has gone by without listening to that soundtrack or even a week without watching the movie. Oh I loved it alright, but I've lost countless nights of sleep due to "Let it Go" and "Love is an Open Door". But when your 3 1/2 yr old know every. Single. World, it's worth it.

That night my mom and I braved the cold and fought the crowds at Target, I love having her here, she helps so much with the kids (as if she had a choice, they want her to do everything, but she'd do it anyway) helped so much around the house, spoiled us rotten and it was so great to have one on one girl time with her! I LOVE my mommy.


 We made a trip up to Cherry Creek mall and Violet was in hog heaven when we saw a Frozen (ish) ice castle


We told the Ice Princess ahead of time to tell Violet her name was Elsa. She was in shock and so excited she got to meet THE REAL DEAL.

And this is just the cherry on top of the wonderful weekend with my parents. 



079 from Samantha Oberg on Vimeo.

No comments: