September was one crazy month. Erik was out of town for work as was Taylor so the girls and I headed up to Crystal's for a sleep over. The girls had a blast watching Annie and decorating "hats" (bowls) we even did manicures and pedicures. Not to mention that Labor Day the van's engine blew up as we were driving home from Crystal's house. We were driving down the freeway and it just stopped working. We'd only had it for a couple of months!
It was long overdue to be registered, but with it being in the shop I hadn't gotten it done. I had taken all three kids to the DMV with me to get it done one day, and after waiting for over 2 hours, found out that I didn't have it insured... FAIL on the dealerships part (you can't drive off the lot without being insured. I destinctly remember giving them our info and they called and had it added)
As we were driving to Crystal's, a cop pulled behind me, saw that I wasn't registered and gave me a fat ticket... It was worth it though for these girls to have fun with their cousins
Lynette came to town to help Crystal with Baby Gabe (who was born in the beginning of September) and we headed to the Denver Botanic Gardengs which were AMAZING! We had the best time, it just so happened to be free day as well. I wish we had known about this little gem a long time ago.
We hit up The Uber Sausage, it was INCREDIBLE! I can't stop thinking about it and hope I get to go there again someday. It was THAT good.
It was Lynette's Birthday a few days later so we gave her her present after picking up some Voodoo Donuts
Some random pics
After we had Clementine we felt the itch to move closer to family. We loved our life in Denver, our friends, having family close by, our yard, the location of our home, etc. It really couldn't have been better. When we went home to visit in the summer we couldn't get it out of our heads that we wanted to be closer. Erik went up for a big promotion (that he needed and deserved and everyone knew/thought he would get it for sure) and didn't get it. It was a huge blow, we were depending on it. We had said that he would look for another job if he didn't get it, but when it happened (in April) we just kept on plugging away. Things got hard, life happens, the urge was strong to apply and look for other jobs. It makes me cry just thinking about our home and the life we were thinking about leaving behind in Denver. We had two kids in Denver. We bought our first home in Denver. We had lived there for 4 years! We thought, it can't hurt to apply.
Erik applied at Chobani and Glanbia both in Twin Falls, ID. Just 2.5 hours away from our family we were hopeful but also a bit scared as to what we would do if he got an interview let alone the job. He had phone interviews with both companies. Both wanted him, BAD. He flew out for an interview at Chobani, they basically gave him the job on the spot. (Glanbia wanted him, but with it being a cheese company like Leprino, they had to work things out with them. They basically had to get their permission to "take" him and we were nervous about how that would go over)
Just like that, we were moving to Twin Falls. It all happened so quickly. We put the house up for sale after getting a few things fixed up, it sold in 24 hours. We had one day of showings (all the while Violet had Norovirus and was throwing up and down on and off for 2 weeks. I don't know what I would've done without my mom being in town. The timing was incredible) we had two offers in by morning, it went above asking and was under contract all in the same day.
Even after our crappy few weeks in the beginning of the month, everything wrapped up so nicely that we knew it was all meant to be. I am so emotional remembering our incredible life we had in Denver. I want to move back so badly some days, but I know that we are where we are supposed to be right now. The Lord works in mysterious ways! I'm so grateful that we listened to the spirit when we were feeling like we needed to look elsewhere. Our home sold fast, and when the market was a sellers market. We bought our home in Kimberly and things worked out perfectly then as well. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in our lives and so grateful to be able to feel it, to know that we're not alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment