10/16/07

Ailments



Let me just start out by saying that my body is falling apart. I swear! Just monday, I was diagnosed with "microscopic colitis". Basically what that means is, I get really bloated and my guts get all crampy, and my BM's (sorry) are very irregular. I was not feeling good at all, its been going on for quite a few years, but just resently, its been getting worse. So after a scope, a colonoscopy (terrible), and going to a IBS study (its not IBS) they got biopsy test results back from my colon. So its nothing too serious, just makes me uncomfy and crampy; no fun. they put me on some medication, and now I'm good to go!
My second ailment is TMJ. Wow, I never have had any real big problems with my jaw before but this past few days, its been getting worse and worse! Sunday was the worst, I couldn't even fit 3 fingers up and down between my teeth (everyone tries to see how many they can fit) and I can usually fit 4! The right side of my jaw is so tight, so I told myself that I couldn't put my top and bottom teeth together, I had to relax my jaw the rest of the night and next day to see how it worked, (I realized that I tend to clench my jaw quite a bit) and the next day (monday,) It totally felt like my whole jaw is off alignment! I don't know whats wrong with me, I'm just falling apart! I made a dentist appointment to have him check it out, we'll see what he says. But for now, no worries, I'll be just fine!
(this wasn't a blog for a pity party, I'm simply showing you all how pathetic I am!)

4 comments:

The Obergs said...

Sammy, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, you're like an old woman! Just kidding. Actually you would be surprised how many people have TMJ disorders. I say many people with pain and/or popping and clicking. There's not very many options for that joint, but one of the best things we can do is make a nightgaurd which prevents you from clenching or grinding and also props your joint into a neutral position while you sleep.
I'm sure we'll be seeing you guys sometime this weekend since "baby sister" is going to make her big debut.

April said...

Sis, you didn't tell me you had that colitis thing, at least they figured it out. So you have to take some meds, will it be better now? How did the dentist go? Girl you aren't falling apart everyone has crazy things.

Paige said...

OH my! I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling so well lately! I hope things get better soon. Let me know if you need anything...we are just down the street ya know! :)

Stephanie said...

I have jaw problems too. Sometime I can't relax my jaw I just feel like i can't even close my mouth because it doesn't close right and it feels weird. I hate it.

once i just took some loratab (left over from wisdom teeth) and woke up the next day feeling great, it just gave my jaw a break and let it relax. hope you can get some relief. let us know what you find out