6/25/08

South Ogden Days 5K

After about 3 weeks of jogging, trying to get in shape for this 5K the day finally came. Trent (my brother in law) asked me if I wanted to do it with him since I'd been saying how I wanted to get in shape and start running. So I have been getting up just about every morning at 5:45 to go for a jog before work, I loved it. I loved being up when the weather was just perfect, it really seemed to make my day go a little smoother, and I started to feel really good about myself.
Then last night came, it was a hard day. After a terrible day at work, going to a viewing (my friends dad's) we headed to the 5K. I wound up bawling about 1/2 way through it and ended up finishing the race in 38 minutes. Not my best time. Erik was such a sweet heart and last minute decided to run it with me and he stayed by my side the entire race.
It ended up being a good experience, I'm not a runner and I think that this might be my last and only race. At least I made it to the finish line.

Blisters from my crappy shoes (they hurt so bad i thought when I took my shoes off my skin would be all rubbed off!) I walked around barefoot the rest of the night.

9 comments:

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

How fun i wanted to run that too but i am SOOOO out of shape but i am going to the parade tonight :-) And there is a picture of me and my husband on our wedding day in the south ogden days pamphlet :-) I know so famous!!

*Laura* said...

WOw im so proud!! Your awsome! Your poor feet :( I always want to run and get in shape but never do haha, oh and i tagged you! Go to my blog and see what you have to post

Paige said...

Geez Sammy, I'm really sorry about your bad day! And I'm glad you decided to go ahead and run anyway. I probably would've used that as an excuse not to run it. And that is way impressive that you get up early and run! I tried getting up at 6:00 to do my workout video and I was so sick that day I had to go home early from work! So then I decided I can't workout in the morning. :) You should definitely do another race. There's one in the morning on the Fourth of July in North Ogden. We should do it together. Let me know if you really want to. :)

The Obergs said...

Hooray Sammy! I'm so surprised especially since you always make it a point to say you can't even run a mile, and now you've ran 3.6! I'm not a runner either so I totally feel your pain, but I'm way impressed. Congrats! I'm also really impressed by Erik. Way to go Erik, Taylor would never even think about running with me. Sammy, how do you manage to look so cute after running? By the way, I bet jogging would be much more enjoyable if you had some shoes that didn't eat your feet every time you put them on.

Amy said...

Sammy kudos to you! I think that is awesome that you ran it at all and 38min is great! I wish I could have done it with you, but that would have led to a baby popping out on the road and that would have been nasty, so maybe next summer! I do not picture Erik as a runner so good job to him too! He did great just doing it out of nowhere! Anyway great job i'm impressed!

Kristen said...

What a trooper I think that I would die after like 2 min of running I think that i would die or puke the entire time> way to go!

April said...

you finished yeah!!!! See you can run. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, you did it and you can say you did. I say keep it up, if it makes you feel good in the morning, you don't have to do any races just do it for you. I think its great, I was a chicken and didn't and you do. So there.

Lauren said...

GOOD JOB! I am so proud of my cousin! I just wish I had the time and energy to go running every morning! I've always wanted to run a race so maybe you and I should train together for next year.. or what would be fun is do the raspberry days on in bear lake!

Brooke said...

way to go! just make sure you have good running shoes-- i got tendonitis in my knee because i needed new running shoes and i waited too long to get them. it gets pretty painful!