I can't believe that it has been 7 years since the attacks on 9/11. I remember that day as if it were yesterday; I had a piano lesson that morning before school, Jeff came in for his lesson after me and told us that a plane had crashed into these buildings in NYC. I went out to the car and my mom had the AM radio blaring with the news of the attacks. I was a freshman in high school and I had no idea what the World Trade Centers were (very sheltered child). I remember thinking it wasn't a big deal, until I got to school, all the lights were off in every class room and the tv's were on, with the same thing on every channel;
The other tower had been hit. Thousands of people had died and the towers were falling. My beloved teacher coach Brown "Hunna" started telling us exactly what was happening to our country; we were under a terrorist attack. The atmosphere at Ogden high school that day was very different that day, no swearing in the halls, no hispanic chicks fighing on the stairs, everyone was quiet, respectful, and well behaved.
Today I look back and it brings tears to my eyes to think of all the people that lost their lives, I am proud to be an American.
Do you remember where you were?
8 comments:
I totally remember that day. I got up early to shower because I had to go to work. I would always watch the today show while eating breakfast before I went and there it was. I was watching then the second plane hit. So crazy to think that it really happened. I didn't have to go to work that day though, we closed. So I watched the news all day.
my senior year in high school. I was going to early college at Weber and I heard about it on the shuttle on my way to my first class.
I was waiting for my carpool to come pick me up.. my mom flipped on the news just randomly and we watched it happen. It was sad. I had been in NYC exactly one month before it had happend! We didn't actually go on top of the Twin towers that time but I had one time before. I know i'm spoild I've been to NYC more than once. But I was in 8th grade and I remember the principal telling us not to let any of the teachers have it on and my mom was mad because this was important to know about.. now I look back and think ya what a dumb guy! taking our america freedom away from us!
I completely remember that day. I first heard it on the news on the bus to school. The way you describe Ogden High that day is exactly how I would. The lights were out and news on every TV. It was just a weird feeling to me.It was the first time in my life that I had ever even thought of a terrorist or what they could do to our country. I am glad we have people who are willing to fight for our freedom!!
I remember I was getting ready for school and my mom came into the bathroom and said, "something bad is happening. A plane just flew into the world trade center." Like you, I didn't even know what that was so I didn't think it was a big deal. Then I got to school and I had seminary first period when I got there they had everyone in the same big room with projectors showing the news. At that moment I realized that this wasn't good. Then throughout the day we watched it in all of our classes. I'll never forget the feeling that day.
I was a sophmore in High school and I was in my first period class mrs. Minor history class and all we did the entire period was watch the news over and over and we talked about it in any class we didn't watch it in. I went home sick right after seminary that day I remember just laying in my parents room watching it over and over and over it was such a sad day!! I will always remember it!!
I totally remember OHS on that day -- you nailed it on the head!! I had early morning seminary that trimester and one of my friends told me what happened on my way in from across the street. It didn't make much sense and then I went to first period and we watched the footage all day long. I remember thinking, "I feel like I'm watching history happen."
Yes I completely remember! I was at home. I'd graduated that year and was supposed to have no worries in the world. I remember watching with the preschoolers parents as they were dropped off. Then I went to yoga and my instuctors husband was in the CIA and had left the night before for some top secret stuff. She didn't know where he was or what he was doing... Scary stuff. I layed out after that and listend to the radio also, remember going to Wingers that night???
Post a Comment