10/25/09

One Crazy Son of a Bi@#$

That is a direct quote from Erik's dad after he ran a 50 mile race on Saturday.
Yes. 50 MILES.
Lynette and I went to cheer him on for the last 7 miles. It was a pretty cold day, and really windy, but he still managed to finish in 10th place (out of 40 runners) and 9 hours and 24 minutes.

About 3 miles to go on Trappers Loop
Dancing across the finish line
Cute Lynette and Craig
Saturday before the race I helped Lynette with canning apple pie filling. It was turned out so delicious and was a lot of fun.Erik is really liking school, Thursday they experimented on new flavors for famous Aggie ice cream and brought home 4 containers. His idea was jalapeno ice cream. I have to say it is actually pretty good. If you like jalapeno jelly over cream cheese w/crackers, then you'd LOVE this. SO yummy.
They also made just vanilla, passion fruit (mmmm), and mango strawberry (not so good).
Sunday we celebrated Thanksgiving for Jeff with my family. Didn't manage to take pictures, just one of Ruby with Erik's boots on.

7 comments:

Donene said...

Way to go Craig! That is awesome I really admire anyone who can run like that especially 50 miles!! I like the picture of him dancing over the finish line. The apple pie filling looks delicious.

Paige said...

yeah, he's amazing. I'm pretty sure i feel good about myself if i run 2 miles on the treadmill. ha i can't even fathom 50 miles! wow. that's cool that Erik gets to make ice cream! how fun!

The Obergs said...

Craig is a crazy son of a b*$#@! I can't believe that he would really run 50 miles. When he first told me about this race I thought it was a relay or something. I didn't think that anyone could possibly run 50 miles. What a nut. Good thing our kids have such a tough grandpa to look up to.

meag said...

holy craziness to eriks dad...insanity! and fun with the ice cream flavors. what a cool experiment.

Sharee said...

50 miles he is insane...WOW! How is it that you always look so cute? It is really not fair. Your niece has your eyes and long pretty hair...she is really cute.

Ben and Camille said...

50 freaking miles!?!?! he IS crazy!! i can't even believe that! that's a double marathon. i don't think i've ever even heard of that. impressive.

Katelin said...

oh my Erik and Jaran think so much alike! Jaran made jalapeano shakes a while ago because he loves spicy stuff.. how funny! They'd have a blast doing that together..