11/20/09

Worth the Wait #2

*******SPOILERS*******
Three Words: Abs, and Surpassed Expectations
Honestly that's all you need to get you to see New Moon.
I traveled to Ogden November 19th, the night I'd been waiting for for at least 7 months, to see what I thought was going to be the FIRST SHOWING to the public eye at midnight.
How sad and FURIOUS I was to find that Megaplex actually had private showings at 5:30 and 8:30. And HOW did I not know about this?
After calling Megaplex theaters to verify what I thought was misinformation (I was 100% positive that these poor people thought they were going to see New Moon but was really just Twilight, I knew that some theaters were showing that before New Moon) I was sadly informed that they were just private showings, someone had bought the theater for those times for New Moon. And SOMEHOW my brother's girlfriend, and a bunch of people from my parents ward were some of the select few that were able to see Jacob's abs before ME!!!!!
That said... It was amazing and worth the wait. I honestly could not be more pleased. It stayed so true to the book, the acting was amazing, they all did such a perfect job. Everything was just as I pictured it from reading the book, I just reread it a few months ago and I thought that I'd regret it because I'd be comparing it too much.
NO WAY. Can't get over it.
I thought that Kristen would be too depressed and over act like I felt she did in Twilight but she did an amazing job.
Poor poor Rob. After seeing Taylor the whole movie running around half naked (we had to remind ourselves he's 17, he's 17, he's 17.), Rob came out in Volterra with no shirt, he looked like he was dying. So skinny. Poor poor Rob. He IS supposed to look terrible, living without Bella for months and hating himself, but really it was sad. I feel bad for him.
I've been listening to the soundtrack everyday since the day it came out, and I couldn't wait to see where each song was going to be in the movie. I loved all the music, so many great bands; Sea Wolf, Death Cab and Thom Yorke from Radiohead to name a few.
The visual effects. WOW the wolves were amazing. So huge and looked real, LOVED when they were chasing Victoria.
They also fixed a few things from the first film. The vampires when they run, it looks great now, and also Edward's sparkle.
I can't wait to see this movie again, it is sold out everywhere all weekend, I really hope I can go next week.
I know I am biased, I'm quite the devoted fan but honestly I really think that everyone would like this film. I loved Twilight but I will admit that some parts were done poorly, too quick, but this one had a much bigger budget and the acting was SUPERB!
We are such losers and thought that we'd be able to stop by Hot Topic to get some Team JACOB and Team Edward shirts, we were so sad to find that they only had XXL left.
We still had a good time looking around at the calenders, books, stickers, umbrella's, towel's, blankets, hoodies, dresses, pillow cases ETC!
Katelin modeling Bella's birthday dress.
I give it 2 thumbs WAY WAY up, TEN stars, and an A+.
Waiting patiently
Katelin, Mac, and Malory

(Also, if you aren't a fan thats fine, but PLEASE refrain from leaving any annoying mean comments. THANKS)

17 comments:

Shelbie said...

LOVED IT!!

Donene said...

I can't wait to see it!

Samantha said...

I TOTALLY agree with you on EVERYTHING you said! I went to the midnight showing, too -- and I'm going again on Monday -- can't wait :) Awesome.

Kenzie said...

I thought it was so good! I loved it! I can't wait to go see it again. It was completely worth the wait!

meag said...

oh now i can't wait to see it!

Caitlin said...

I loved it it was way better done then twilight. Oh jake is so hot. wow was all I could say and wish I were marrying him!

The Nielsens said...

i love you cousin!

Ben and Camille said...

I had to just skim over this post because it HASN'T COME OUT IN AFRICA YET!! I still have one week :( So I'll be back to read and discuss after!

cassy said...

Going to see it tonight! So excited!

*Laura* said...

No annoying comments from me :) it was AMAZING and SOOO worth the wait! I must say im a little disappointed you don't have a shirt on though lol SOO GOOD i think i might see it way too many times in theater haha

Chelsie said...

agreed, i loved it..and oh my jacob....holy eye candy...i had to remind myself that i was sitting next to my mother in law. :-) i was one of those people you hate that got to see it at 5 o clock at the megaplex on the 19th...it was so nice, and worked out much better having a newborn at home. ;-)

Amy said...

THat last picture is making me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and you did a pretty good job talking me in to seeing the movie, I'll go next week if you wanna!

Claire Hawkes said...

Sammy! I found your blog and I love it! Even though I am a closeted Twilight fan, I will admit I went New Mooning, and I thought it was WAY better than the first one. By the way, if you want the hook up on the early screenings, my good friend Julie was in charge of the first showing, so you will have to come with us next time!

-Claire

Michelle said...

I loved it, too! Jacob = yummy!

Katelin said...

I agree with your post 100%!! that was such a fun time.. I saw it on sat night too! :)

The Obergs said...

I'm glad it got the Sammy-stamp-of approval. I'm even more excited to see it now that I read your review.

Miss Jackie said...

AMen Sister!!! i totally second everything you said. Just wait...the second time is even better if you can believe it! Since you already know what's coming you can just sit back and DROOL and enjoy the show! LOVE THE WOLVES! Edwards still my main man though (other than Jesse of course! :) )