1/31/10

Ending January with a Bang

January is a hard month, with the holidays over, the long cold days and rarely a glimpse of the sun or blue sky up here in Cache Valley I have been looking forward to my birthday more than ever.
I had my 15 week appointment on January 22nd; baby is doing great, I've gained 2 lbs and my belly is growing like a weed! My belly button is getting more shallow and I'm really hoping it never pops out. (belly picture below)
I have been craving sugar cookies for a while now, so Erik and I made Valentine cookies a bit early to get us excited for February!
Thursday was my 23rd birthday, it was a great day, I took the day off and got to sleep in, then Erik came in with my present all wrapped up, made me breakfast and kept the house clean all day.
It was a sewing machine! So excited to start on some things for the baby and some projects. Then my mom and sisters came up to play, they gave me a cute little sewing kit full of sewing goodies, we went to lunch at Juniper and went shopping.
Ruby, Hudson, Boen and goofy Bingham (impossible to get them all to smile and look at the camera at once.)That night Erik took me to dinner after a long time trying to decide where to go (there are so many yummy restaurants in Logan) and after looking up menu's online I decided to go to Iron Gate Grill and we were not disappointed! We topped the night off with my favorite dessert creme brulee'.
We came home and Erik gave me a quick sewing lesson, darned a sock, and stitched up a rip in his shirt.The festivities didn't stop there, Friday night we went to Erik's brothers basketball game then spent the night at Oberg's, Saturday morning they had a birthday breakfast party for me complete with fruit pizza, bacon and french toast! My favorites.My darling apron Lynnette made me. Saturday afternoon I went to lunch with some friends at Iggy's and that night my family had a nice dinner for Jeff. He leaves February 4th for Ghana!
Jeff and McKennaAnd finally the pregnant sisters. April is due 6 weeks before me and is having a boy.
16 weeks-22 weeksMy next appointment is February 26th, I'll be 20 weeks and then we'll finally get to find out what we're having! Any guesses?

13 comments:

Donene said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift to get, you will have so much fun creating so many fun things! Can't wait to find out what color you are going to get.

Rob and Vienna said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, and I'm jealous of your sewing maching. I bet you'll be whipping out cute baby stuff in no time :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!

Isn't it fun being prego w/ your sister? Lindsey and I had our babies 3 weeks apart and it was so fun shopping for baby stuff and maternity clothes w/ her, and talking all about baby stuff w/ her!

The Obergs said...

Your sugar cookies were fabulous. Erik looks so happy about his sock darning abilities (gotta love Lynette for teaching her boys how to sew) and I love your pregnant picture at the end. How fun to share this experience with your sister. You both look adorable and you will still look adorable if/when your belly button pops out. It's really not a big deal and there's nothing you can do about it if it does. The day that I noticed my sticking out I couldn't stop laughing. It really did look like a nose.

Let's start sewing together. I have my mom's old sewing machine so I'm all set.

The Obergs said...

P.S. I think a boy would be fun, but I'm kind of leaning towards a girl...

Paige said...

Boy! I think you're having a boy and I'm having a girl...so we'll probably have the opposite like we talked about. :)

Love all the pictures from your birthday festivities and so happy to finally see a belly pic! you look really cute!

April said...

ok i look HUGE!!! what the heck. I guess because i turned sideways and stuck my gut out, dang it. you look so cute though. You need to bring you sewing machine down and we'll sew.

Lauren said...

oh your belly is so darn cute!! I am so excited for you guys! yay! Miss you tons!!!! I NEVER see you anymore =-(

The Mansfields said...

Sammy, your birthday sounded super-fun and full of day after day celebration (which I fully support and push each year)! Also, love the pics of your (TINY) belly! Keep putting those up! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well girl.

p.s. Two pounds?! TWO?! That's so unfair. I think I gained 2 pounds last week when my mom and I shared a piece of chocolate cake. ;)

Caitlin said...

I think it is a boy you don't sound like you were sick enough to have a girl but you never know!

*Laura* said...

Girl!! Ruby needs another lil girl :) congrats Sammy!

meag said...

such a fun post. i think you and paige are having a girl....but we shall soon find out. you look darling though! we need to come visit when we get home.

Lindsey said...

Boy... because we're alot alike haha :)