I've been enjoying the quiet, boring, relaxing weeks of January so far; we were gone every weekend in December so it was nice to have one weekend home. Erik took me for a little tour of his "sheep herding" days in Tremonton and White's Valley, and made a little stop at Mack's Family Drive-inn for burgers, fries, and shakes.
Johnson's canyon
This weekend we headed down to Ogden for the free Dashboard Confessional concert for the Dew Tour. Downtown as in 25th street, outside.
We had so much fun even though we were smashed up belly to butt, chest to back, toe to heel with every other person there (and that was out of the most pit) but it sure kept us warm. The turn out was amazing, especially given that it was less than 20 degrees.
The gils, April, Amy me
The boys Jeff Erik and Trent
Outside the warmth of the crowd
It was so cold there was frost in the air
In pregnancy news I'm now in my second trimester and feeling FANTASTIC! Other than the constant pang of hunger even just moments after a huge meal I'm feeling so great. I'm not really "showing" per se but I've definitely got a gut now. I haven't gained any weight which I'm pretty excited about (for now) but I'm sure that in due time I'll be packing on the lbs and should pop out pretty soon. I have a little baby bump but nothing noticeable.
My best friends at the moment are, YOU: having a baby a book by Dr Oz my mom gave me for Christmas, a BeBand from Target (can't button up my pants any more) HUGE breakfasts, and my sweet husband. He's been so great through all my mood swings, cravings, and pains (my belly button KILLS!) He's going to be the best dad, and we both are so excited for July.
We had so much fun even though we were smashed up belly to butt, chest to back, toe to heel with every other person there (and that was out of the most pit) but it sure kept us warm. The turn out was amazing, especially given that it was less than 20 degrees.
The gils, April, Amy me
In pregnancy news I'm now in my second trimester and feeling FANTASTIC! Other than the constant pang of hunger even just moments after a huge meal I'm feeling so great. I'm not really "showing" per se but I've definitely got a gut now. I haven't gained any weight which I'm pretty excited about (for now) but I'm sure that in due time I'll be packing on the lbs and should pop out pretty soon. I have a little baby bump but nothing noticeable.
My best friends at the moment are, YOU: having a baby a book by Dr Oz my mom gave me for Christmas, a BeBand from Target (can't button up my pants any more) HUGE breakfasts, and my sweet husband. He's been so great through all my mood swings, cravings, and pains (my belly button KILLS!) He's going to be the best dad, and we both are so excited for July.
9 comments:
if i had known about the dashboard concert I totally would have gone!!! SO FUN! and FREE!!!! I can't wait to see your cute baby bump!!! he he
LOL Sammy I love that post. You are going to be such an adorable big pregnant girl I'm sure! I only hope you don't get the "pregnancy nose" that I get... NOT good :)
P.S. I wish I would've known about that concert too! TOTALLY would've gone!
i'm glad that you're feeling better and that you're enjoying some nice relaxing time...especially in the cold days of january. i hope your belly button stops hurting...haha that made me laugh
I'm glad you're not sick. I hear the second trimester is pretty nice. Not that I know anything about such things :) I bet you will have a cute baby bump!
Sam, I'm so excited for you! You will have to put up some pictures when you get your baby bump:) This is totally random but I have the funniest memory of us skipping school one day in the winter to go sledding on our coats at the house with the naked statue in front, ha ha! And then, when we got to school, I told Mrs. Reese that we got kidnapped by some guys who gave us candy! My mom freaked out!
Good times, good times!
Yes Sammy, you definitely don't look pregnant yet, but when you do finally pop out, you're going to be the cutest pregnant girl going. I agree that Erik is going to be the best dad. He's so cute with that video camera; filming all of Hazels moves. You'll be a great mom too. I can't wait until 20 weeks so we can find out what this cute little babe is going to be.
I'm so sad we missed out on all the awesome Ogden festivities! It looks like you guys had fun! Sammy, it's so exciting that you're having a baby! CRAZY! Who knows, we might not be far behind :)
Can't wait to see your baby bump when it pops. You will both be amazing parents. I went private so if you want me to add you email me at jonesgems@gmail.com
Hi! I got my crib @ babinskis in salt lake. The brand is oeuf. here is a link to the site:www.oeufnyc.com/sparrowcollection.aspx. It is the sparrow collection.
Post a Comment