3/23/10

What's Been Going On

I've been busy nesting (cleaning and organizing our second bedroom)and working on a few projects, Erik has been busy with school, hunting and fixing up the big wheel and both of us getting ready for baby girl.

A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to go on a little getaway to St. George with my mom, aunt Laurie and cousin Julianne. They were going for my cousin Marissa's softball tournament so my mom and I tagged along.

My mom was going to quilt baby girl's quilt for her crib (finished product coming soon along with bumpers, crib and bed skirt!) at this place where you pay to quilt it yourself, it was a lot of fun. While the women were busy quilting, my aunt treated Julianne and I to a pedicure.

Thanks again mom it turned out beautiful and perfect!

We had a great time going to Orange Peel (which is was MUST on our list of things to do/places to eat) where they have the most amazing bubble tea you'll ever taste (don't worry no tea in mine). We had to go there a few times of course, hit up the Parrot's head grill, In & Out, Pizza Factory and the outlets.

We had such a fun time laughing til we cried, which really hurt my so called abs, ate lots of great food, shopped til we dropped and really enjoyed each others company, so much so that I forgot to whip out the camera for most of it.

When I returned from the stormy south, I returned to a freshly groomed husband.

Just look at all that hair. Hopefully baby girl gets Erik's thick golden locks.

I'm now 24 weeks (Thursday) and baby girl is getting so big, I can't believe it, I thought I was feeling her a ton when I was 16 weeks, now I'm REALLY feeling her, she's getting so strong you can actually SEE her squirming all over, its kind of creepy but so exciting.

Stayed tuned for:

  • baby girl's crib which we've ordered and should be here soon!
  • crib bedding made by my amazing mother
  • another blanket made again by my amazing mother
  • the dresser/changing table all finished with help from my amazing mother in law
  • birthday parties
  • and much more

14 comments:

Rob and Vienna said...

Oh my gosh, that quilt is darling. I love the fabric you picked. Glad you had fun in St. George; it's so nice to go somewhere warm for a few days. I'm so excited to see all of the cute stuff you're working on!

The Obergs said...

I really love the colors you picked for her nursery. They're so fresh and beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, the quilt turned out perfect. I can't wait to see the finished room.

I love the pictures of Erik's hair. It's funny how much Erik and Taylor look alike when they've both got the long curls. I don't think I'll ever see Taylor "freshly groomed"... I've only ever seen him with short hair from his mission pictures.

Baby girl is growing so well. I love your little bump, it's so cute!

Alyssa Harper said...

That quilt is amazing! And you look absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see the rest of the stuff for the baby's room!

Donene said...

I love the baby quilt, so cute! Wishing we had some St George weather here. Tell Erik I LOVE his groomed look, he is such a handsome guy.

Pieces of Us said...

Sammy you are soo cute pregnant! I love the quilt your mom made too.

ps your baby girl has nothing to worry about with her hair...between your gorgeous hair and erik's she is set!

Michelle said...

Yummy, I love Parrot Head grill! And LOVE the quilt! And I love your cute little baby bump!

Paige said...

What belly? Geez, you're so tiny and cute. I love it!

St. George sounds amazing. So glad you guys had fun! And that quilt...I LOVE it. Her nursery is going to be adorable. It makes me antsy to get going on baby boys.

Erik looks so cute with his freshly cut hair. :)

Amy said...

You'd better start getting bigger, you are soooo tiny! I can't wait to hold her since I'm the first one that get to!

April said...

You look so cute! and tiny! Don't stand by me anytime soon yikes!
So excited for you, its going so fast. And yes those quilts are to die for can't wait for my little guys to be done!
Yeah I think it was time for a trim for Erik. Loved the long hair but at least a trim and then BAM! So short, looks so nice though.

meag said...

you are so cute. i hope i get to see you in person next weekend so badly. i absolutely LOVE you bedding it is so adorable. makes me so so excited to get going with mine.

Sharee said...

You are tiny. LOVE the quilt! I want to go somewhere warm really bad. A girls trip sounds fabulous. You look so cute.

Kenzie said...

You are so tiny!! I wish I were that tiny! I love St. George we are going to Vegas and St. George in two weeks.

Chelsie said...

ah so jealous of your st george trip...i could really go for one of those right now. your quilt is so cute, your mom is a talented lady. you look great! you're tiny! and erics hair...wow, i'm impressed it was that long...lovin the new cut ;-)

cassy said...

Oh my GOSH I love your quilt! How did you mom make it? I want to make one for MY bed :)
text me so I have your number! 801-698-6387
:)