8/11/10

One Month

vIt's hard to believe that our little Violet has been with us a whole month! But at the same time it feels like she's always been here. She is such a delight, she is so content to just sit in her bouncy or lie on a blanket when I'm doing things around the house, she loves me to read to her, she still sleeps so much during the day but has been sleeping great at night; one 5 hour stretch and then eats every 3 hours (sometimes 2) in the day. She LOVES to snuggle, definitely got that from her dad!
Her favorite place to be is on her daddy's chest, she is starting to smile so much and is making lots of noises, it's so darling.
Such a Happy Girl!Yay! I'm one month old today!She is getting so big, her little thighs have rolls on them again, and she's getting so long it's making me sad my little baby girl is growing up! At first I couldn't wait until she was bigger/older, knowing that I'd be more in the swing of things and nursing would be going a lot smoother, but now she is so much big I don't want her to grow any more or get any older!

She has the prettiest little hands, her fingers are SO long, her thumb is like a finger it's so long!
And her toes are extremely long too. She's got really long skinny feet, they're almost as long as Finn's (my nephew) feet and he's 6 weeks older than her!
Check out her pinkie toe! so darlingIt's been a great month, Erik's been able to be home with us quite a bit, we've tried to get out of the house to do things, we went up to Tony Grove to fish and it was GORGEOUS
I forgot a hat for her so we put Erik's on her!Went down to Ogden/Liberty again
4 generations4 Generations (this was taken the week before when we went down for her photo shoot, she's so much smaller!)Best Cousins
we're so excited for Amy's baby to come in February! They'll all be so close
2 1/2 weeks and 8 weeksSunday the 8th we went to sacrament for the first time, although we didn't make it all the way through, it was time to eat and I haven't quite mastered the boobie bib for the "mother's lounge"
First time to church
these shoes look huge but they fit her length wise, just such skinny feet!

5 comments:

April said...

oh I want to kiss and squish her! So cute! I can't believe she's 1 month either. And those fingers and toes, I think she's gonna be tall. So cute! OH and you look amazing! I hate you!!! haha

The Obergs said...

oh i didn't realize that Amy was pregnant. How exciting to have so many babies in your family. Violet is so dang cute I can hardly stand it. It's so weird to look at her and see both you AND erik so strongly in her. Nursing in the mother's lounge was always tricky, especially in a student ward when the lounge is packed! Good luck, Hazel always fought the hooter hider....

I just have to say that Erik's 4 generation picture is eerily similar to Taylor's 4 generation picture. When I looked at it I thought it looked strangely familiar so I looked back to ours.

1. Craig was wearing the same shirt
2. Grandma Oberg was wearing a blue shirt
3. Hazel was also wearing purple and looking off in the same direction as Violet
4. Taylor is wearing a blue hat, khaki shorts and an "earth tone" shirt similar to Erik's outfit.

I don't know about you, but I thought it was too coincidental not to mention. I'll email you the pic.

Holli said...

Oh my She is so cute! Erik she is looking more like Sammy everyday! She wants to see her grammy! I Love her!!!

meag said...

sammy she is so cute....i just want to kiss those cute cheeks. i hope you are doing great, it looks like you are....we should get together.. i'll talk to chase aabout when would be a good time.

Kenzie said...

Can you believe how fast time goes?? She is sooo cute!! I love the picture with her big shoes on. Soo cute!