11/12/10

Oh to be 4 Months Old

 Violet had her Dr. appointment yesterday and she did great.  He did say she is ahead of the game in one thing: stranger anxiety!  She started crying when he took her from me, but I'm convinced it's because his hands were FREEZING on her bare baby skin, she was hungry and missed her nap to be there and he ALWAYS has extreme halitosis (we really like him don't get me wrong :))  She weighs 13 lb 15 oz (59th percentile) 25 inches long (79th) and her head was 16.5 inches (76th Percentile)

She is such a good baby, so reverent, the majority of the day her hands are like this:
(usually like this and in her mouth.)

She recently started rolling, she's been SO close for so long! Finally did it on Wednesday:
(yes we were listening to Beach Boys Christmas!)




She loves talking to herself in the mirror too, whenever I am getting ready for the day I put her in her bumbo on the bathroom counter so she can look in the mirror (I NEVER leave her side!) We had to be completely quiet while taping this or she'd stop, and we didn't even get the best of it!  Oh I love this little peanut.




A look back at the last four months: her hair sure has grown! People are always saying "She's got red hair!" And? Yes she does! and we LOVE it, its so pretty. Oh she's too cute,.  Looking over these I can't believe how much she's changed from month to month, I wouldn't think so, but she really has, from 3-4 she sure put on some chub.

I love these little boots! They are sparkly and so warm.

10 comments:

cassy said...

Gosh that video of her talking was DARLING! She is so dang cute when're you gonna have another? This world needs more Oberg babies!

April said...

I see London I see France.... She is sooooo cute! I love her. And what she rolls? Finn still wont he is too lazy and fat!yes have another one!!!dh

The Obergs said...

good job violet! How sweet. I loved the "rolling over" milestone. That video of her talking to herself in the mirror is so funny. She's such a doll.

I definitely think she has red hair. I love it. Taylor and I were hoping that Hazel would have that auburn Oberg hair, but it looks like she's going the blond route.

P.S. What in the world are people talking about more babies for??? I feel like Violet just got here.

Maren said...

She is so cute! Shaun had his appointment too. They are almost identical! He was 14.3 pounds (but I fed him before we went ) 25 inches long and his head is 16.1 inches. I love that they are so much alike. She is such a cutie! I can't believe she rolls. Shaun doesn't really do that yet but he does talk up a storm. Good idea about the bumbo in front of the mirror while you are getting ready. I usually put Shaun in the bouncy chair in front of the Tv and let him watch cartoons. Sometimes he's not too happy about it though. Love the boots! Hope all is well!

Amy said...

Cutie pie! I love that she is always all dressed up! I can't believe she is rolling over that is wonderful! Good job Violet!!!

Alison said...

Sammy she is beautiful! Good job with the red hair! haha

Abigail Call Porter said...

Sammy! She is so cute!! I love your family pictures they look so good. We do need to get together soon. I can't believe she is four months old already!

Vienna said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable. Love those videos. She's is the prettiest baby and she has the cutest little personality. Glad her appointment went well!

Sharee said...

She is ADORABLE! I love the video in the mirror. she is definatly a girl. So much fun and so different from boys. She is a beauty.

Lindsey said...

Such a cute baby!! :)