12/1/10

Thanksgiving

Here I am a week later, posting about Thanksgiving: I had been waiting on my sisters to post so I could steal some of their pictures because I didn't take very many, but Amy is now on bed rest and April is busy helping her out. I GUESS that's understandable ;) She's almost 30 weeks and the day after Thanksgiving she went into labor, had to go to the hospital to have them stop her contractions and give her steroid shots for baby girl's lungs.  Amy is doing well, and we are hoping to keep baby in until at least 36 weeks.
...
What a great week.  Like I said, I wish I would've gotten more pictures of our week spent with family, Violet had a great time, slept like a champ (always sleeps so well at my parents) and got lots of attention from cousins, 2nd cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.
Violet has been sitting here and there for the past few weeks but I've always been alone and couldn't get a picture, finally Thanksgiving morning I snapped a few.
 Not so sure...

Two Little Turkeys, Finn (6 months) and Violet (4.5 months).
My mom made these darling shirts.
The food was amazing;
Erik made this baked brie, it was quite a hit!
We always go to a movie on Thanksgiving and we saw Tangled this year.  We loved it, Erik even said "that was a cute movie" couldn't agree more.  Plus the voice of Flynn Rider is from one of my favorite TV shows, Chuck.  Violet was an angel she didn't make a peep and she loved the movie-or maybe just the ginormous screen! We might just have to go to the movies more often!
Then it was back to my parent's for some pie.

Friday we headed up to Oberg's and that night I went to The Nutcracker with Erik's mom and her friend,
Saturday we did some shopping and hit the JACKPOT at Carter's where everything was
AT LEAST 50% off!
Jake and Erik were glued to the tube either playing a zombie game on the Xbox or watching football (I can't complain too much Erik watch Violet Friday night and Saturday!) They were so funny, strategizing, yelling, laughing and getting so into the zombie game. I probably would've enjoyed it, seeing as how "The Walking Dead" scares the crap out of me.  I would like to get my hands on some "walkers"


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, let the countdown to Christmas begin!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't believe how big violets getting!! She is so stinkin cute!! Let's get together over the break. Please????? Love ya!!

Amy said...

Violet thinks she's so cute! Seriously that first pic of her sitting she is like, yep i'm cute! I didn't get any pics on Thanksgiving, I'm so sad cause my boys looked so darling! I took one of my fam in front of my house then sat the rest of the day not feeling well at all, boo!

The Obergs said...

I love Violet's sleeper and turkey shirt. Oh she just looks so adorable.

Hello, you didn't tell me about Amy! That's scary, I hope everything slows down for her and that the baby can keep "cooking" a little while longer.

P.S. Taylor also was telling me how great Erik's brie was... I'm sad I missed it. Maybe he can make it again one of the weekends that we'll be at the Obergs this month.

Paige said...

Yay Vi! She's getting so big! Cash doesn't sit up by himself yet...she's awesome! K, I love her turkey shirt. I saw that somewhere and wanted to make one for cash but I knew I wouldn't. If only my mom would! :) that's so nice of her. mmmm....that brie looks delish! I wish Phil cooked anything! ha Looks like a great thanksgiving!

Paige said...

The first time I read this I missed the part where Erik watched VI for two days...Um that is freaking AWESOME!!! That is definitely a perk of not breast feeding. Tempting...very tempting!

meag said...

look at her sitting up, that is so awesome. she is looking pretty darn cute. that is super awesome for erik to be able to watch vi for two days. i'm glad your thanksgiving was great...can't wait to get together.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

we took all the nieces and nephews at Thanksgiving to see Tangeld :) they all LOVED IT! I thought it was adorable :)