2/23/11

At Last

July 11th 2010 was a very eventful day. Not only was it the day that my sweet Violet was born, but Erik's dear, sweet, aunt Nanci got engaged!  This was her first wedding/marriage at the age of 53 and it was perfect.  It was snowing marshmallows outside the whole wedding (which made for an interesting drive home to Liberty)
It was held at the Ben Lomand Hotel, the Oberg girls headed up to Nanci's suite to get the flower girls ready for the ceremony, it was just like a movie!  Nanci was so beautiful and we were there when she was getting her dress on, she was so giddy and excited, at 6:20 someone yelled "It's 6:20! 10 minutes!" We all laughed and yelled and hurried to get the kids ready

Miss Violet got to be an honorary flower girl because she couldn't walk down the aisle
My sister in law Becka found the flower girl dresses online for a killer deal, aren't they beautiful?
All the Oberg grandchildren (minus baby Cache) Violet was hungry and was not liking the dress!
Violet, Maybe (in back) Hazel and Ashden
The first dance as husband and wife
 
  Erik's brother Bennett and family flew in from Washington DC for the wedding and with the 2 hour time change it was a VERY long night.Ashden fell right asleep, drooling on Karli  

The beautiful "Sun room" at Ben Lomand Hotel where the ceremony and dinner took place, it was beautiful with the snow falling right outside the huge windows all night, and the food was amazing. Union Grill catered
 Grandma Oberg with the flower girls
 The whole Oberg family minus Jake who is in the MTC!


 Taylor, Bennette and Erik in a reenactment of a picture taken in the same hotel for Erik's other aunt, Diane 25ish years ago
Nanci's gift to Bill was a little cowboy poetry by an Oberg family friend, Bob Ury. He is amazing, what a great way to end the night.  We even got s'mores while we sat around the fire!
The rest of the weekend was spent at the Oberg's in the winter tundra of Liberty.  They probably got 3 or more feet by the end of the storm. We didn't take snow clothes, so Erik had to make do with what he had. Duct tape over the gaiters and all
Miss Violet had a great time with her cousins, aunts and uncles
Violet and baby Cache, the newest addition to the Oberg family
The newly wed had to come up and say good bye before she headed off on her honeymoon!
Cousin Madicyn, Aunt Diane, Aunt Nanci
Mayce, Hazel, Violet and Cache

5 comments:

Amy said...

Violet looks BEAUTIFUL!!! OMG! I love that dress!

April said...

those dresses were gorgeous! And what a beautiful wedding!

Lauren said...

She is getting SO big! I can't believe it! And that dress is to die for! Also Mr. Ury's Wife was my 1st grade teacher. He had a book in the library with his poetry and I remember we all would look at one page because it said @$$ in it and we were all like oh my goodness I can't believe it says that. Lol But that is so cool!

Donene said...

Nancy looks absolutely radiant! what a great day and great pictures. This is really Donene, I can't figure out why it says Margo, I made that blog for grandma and it now says that I am Margo, any suggestions?

The Obergs said...

you got some really great pictures... much better than mine. Oh how i wish I had a camera like yours.

I might be biased, but I think those flowers girls were possibly the cutest flower girls on the planet. Seriously, adorable.

I'm loving the extended family picture. You can totally tell that the paparazzi was there since we're all looking in a million different directions. Funny Hazel, picking her nose, hahahah...