This week I made WAY too many trips to the DI. Violet and I went Wednesday and found these frames, all of which I have projects in mind. Most are for her new pictures taken by Paige and for Easter pictures which will be taken soon, and two are for my kitchen for my To Do list and Menu. Maybe one will be a gift :)
I already spray painted one, the big one with another frame inside it
I paid 50 cents for 3 of them, and the rest were $1-$3
Wednesday I saw this amazing dresser, the kind of treasure that just sets your heart racing, I couldn't believe it. I was in LOVE! Then I looked at the price tag. $140. We're at the DI people! Come on. Well we just had to go back this morning before Violet's first nap, well they lowered it to $120. Still too much. So after THREE trips today, a lot of bargaining (it came with 2 mirrors which I didn't want because I'm using it for my TV stand) I purchased my best DI find yet. It is in perfect condition, but will still need quite a bit of work.
We have to go back to pick it up tonight in Erik's car so I don't have pictures yet. But soon enough I will reveal her beauty and then hopefully the weather will perk up so I can start refinishing all my projects!
Last night was Erik's brother Taylor's birthday so we watched this little cutie pie while her mom and dad went out. Cousin Hazel played with Violet and she LOVED it! I told Erik Violet would be the perfect second child, she hardly made a peep and just wanted to watch Hazel and listen to everything she said. She was so good and she is such a little smartie, she'll be two on Saturday!
3 comments:
I can't wait to see this TV stand. Who knew you could bargain with the DI? Sammy, you are quite the crafter!
Thanks again for watching Hazel. It was so nice to go out with Taylor and actually get to enjoy our meal. We definitely need to start swapping babysitting more often.
P.S. Violet would make a perfect any-number child. She is such a sweet little angel-pie. So dainty and calm. You guys lucked out
p.s. this picture of the girls is so cute. Look at all of those toys! Hazel had a blast and still talks about playing with uncy erik and aunt sammy.
way to go I always go there but I guess my mind isn't creative enough to picture what things "could" look like. so i usually walk out empty handed. haha I want to see your finished project!
Post a Comment