3/21/11

Just What the Dr. Ordered

After a week in Moscow, ID Violet and I made it back yesterday afternoon.  So far today has been very depressing! It was so amazing to have someone to talk to at all times and especially that she could talk back, not to mention having her be one of my greatest friends, and having another mother around to watch the kiddos while the other mother got ready for the day.

Our flight was Tuesday at 11:30 so we arrived promptly at 10:30 so I could check our bags and make it through security on time, Violet had slept on the way to the airport but it only took about 40 minutes to get there and she slept about 25 of that.  I walked straight to the front of the security line thanks to the "Family Line" and got through without breaking a sweat, grabbed a Cinnabon, walked to our terminal only to find out that our flight was delayed 2 hours to 1:35.  (It happened as I was walking to the gate, couldn't have found out before I got there)So with 2 hours and 45 minutes to kill I walked the terminal with a tired baby, tried to keep her entertained, and fed her way more than she ever wanted to eat.  She also pooped and it went up her back, luckily she was wearing a long sleeved onesie under her outfit.  She's never been a big pooper so I've never had to worry about having extra clothes with me, her antibiotics gave her diarrhea, she pooped out of 4 outfits the next day!
She would've been absolutely fine on the plane had we not had to wait almost 3 hours, but she didn't get a good morning nap, and her afternoon nap was way overdue.  She was great on the take off, drank her bottle and was perfect, then she fussed, and whined and wiggled the entire rest of the 1 1/2 hour flight to Moscow.  Over all she really was very good, she didn't cry but she was way too tired to just lie down and go to sleep.

 We made it to Moscow and met Paige and Cash.  They were so happy and kept smiling at each other.  Paige and I were pretty happy too :)
For St. Patty's day we dressed the kids in green and did a little photo shoot.
Mr. Cash, he is seriously the happiest baby ever!  It is so easy to get him to smile or laugh, oh I miss this little guy.


 LOVE this picture
 Violet loves to give kisses now
 Her cute little teeth
 These two loved each other, they'd grab at each others faces and scratch and pinch, but they had a great time, it was so fun to see their differences and similarities.  Violet didn't feel very well with her diarrhea and all so she was very quiet and somber the whole trip, or maybe it was just that Cash was a wild man!  He's so cute, he's definitely a boy!

 The first day we made baby legs
 We went to San Miguel's Paige's favorite Mexican restaurant in town
Cash and Vi on their first date
 Of course we had to get some tubby pictures!

And had to have another photo shoot of the babes in their baby legs
 Paige did such an amazing job with these pictures, I can't wait to get them developed, I tried to just pick my favorite ones, but they are all so cute!
THANKS PAIGE!



 Chubba Nubbins (Erik's nickname for Vi)
 Casher, SO CUTE!


 THIS is so Violet! I loved that she was able to capture Vi's personality so perfectly!
 We finished this puzzle in 24 hours
(Paige did 70% of it I did 30% my brain can't do a puzzle and talk at the same time)

They loved wrestling before bedtime


 Both babies were crying so I jumped in the backseat to entertain them
 A beautiful day in Moscow going to the mall
 Cute Paige and Cash

 Contrary to these pictures (besides dinner and mall) we did get out of the house! We went and walked the mall with some of Paige's friends, we ran errands, went to the craft and fabric stores, but mostly we just had a great time hanging around their house.  One day we successfully didn't turn the TV on once, we talked and talked and talked about everything, and loved having the company during our everyday schedule.
Thanks again Phil, Paige and Cash! Can't wait for summer to see you guys again.

7 comments:

Vienna said...

These pictures are darling, and that last one cracks me up! So glad you had a fun time; I bet it was so nice to relax and have friends to hang out with. Those babies are just the cutest.

April said...

Those pictures of her are sooo cute! Oh my gosh, totally showing her personality, love them! So fun!

The Obergs said...

all of those pictures turned out so cute. Violet has changed so much since I last saw her, I can't believe it! And Sammy, I LOVE your hair color. It looks perfect with your skin and eyes.

I'm glad you had a great time. It's true that everything is better when you have someone to share it with. We are going to have to get together more because this dreariness + no one to talk to = super depressing.

meag said...

adorable. that looks like so much fun. i am glad that you had such a good time!

Kenzie said...

What a fun trip! I need to get out with friends. Makes me jealous. I also love the pictures of Violet. She is soo adorable!

Taylor and Cortney said...

Oh my, that looks like so much fun!Violet is so cute, her cheeks, her smile- she is sure adorable! You need to bring her by Logan Hosp to visit me :)

Alex and Anna said...

looks like such a fun trip!