6/20/11

A Little of This and That

Happy late Father's Day honey! We love you so much, you are an amazing husband, son, brother and mostly father.  I love that you still fight with me over who gets to get Violet out of her crib after naps and in the morning, or get her out of her car seat and take her in to wherever we are going, you came up with the best nickname ever, "Chubba Nubbins", you change the occasional diaper, and you still manage to love me and give me more than the attention I need.
Over the weekend we headed up to Bear Lake with Phil and Paige to Paige's family's cabin.  It was so good to get together with them again, we went to get shakes, ate food, caught up, watched a movie and had a great time.  Due to cold, windy weather we didn't get out much,

 Violet had a crush on Phil
 Erik and Phil had the "best morning ever" shooting ground squirrels that had taken over the yard
 Violet had a great time playing with her boyfriend Cash. Thanks so much guys! It was so much fun as always
 Crystal and Taylor invited us over to their place for Father's Day dinner. It was so nice to have everyone come up to us and not have to drive down again! Thanks for a great fondue feast! Violet walked 4 steps on her own after dinner, she'll be walking in no time. Just has to get her confidence up
 Violet started swim lessons this morning, she loved it! A natural little fishy. We really lucked out on the weather, it was perfect! She would not stand still for the life of her, but I had to get a picture of her in her swimsuit cover up we bought for my niece (sorry it never got to you Ruby!) on our honeymoon almost 4 years ago. You can also catch peak of her vampire fang in this picture! Her 2nd canine popped through over the weekend too. Her front upper teeth should be in in no time
 She loves playing in the bottom drawer, after playing in the tupperware drawer with Cash in Bear Lake, I decided to put some in a drawer for her at home. She had a blast while I was getting dinner ready today and kept squealing in excitement.


4 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't believe you almost have a 1 year old!!! She's getting so big!

meag said...

that all looks like so much fun. i am sad we didn't get to go to bear lake...but i looks like you guys had a good time. preston is not even getting a chance to win violet over, darnit, we need to work on that.

Vienna said...

Ah! that swimsuit cover up is the cutest thing ever on her. She looks like a little mermaid :) I love how she's totally going for your raspberry shake in that first picture too!

Kenzie said...

That swimming suit cover up is way cute! I am glad she did good with swimming lessons! I also like the idea with tupperware in a bottome drawer. Trace always plays in the fridge so this would be much better! haha.