6/15/11

Moab

A few days after Karli's wedding the Oberg clan decided to pack up and head to Moab.  I've been there a few times but it was so fun to go with the Oberg's this time around and to have Violet with us.  She did such a good job on the 5 hour drive in the car, loved being carried in the backpack and did really well considering she missed almost all her naps and kept her up until 10:30 every night.
The night we got there, we did a little swimming then headed to Delicate Arch. I really think this is one of my favorite places on earth.  It is so beautiful, and I love how you can't see it until the very end when you come around the corner and BAM! There it is in all it's glory.


I came around the corner almost at the top of Delicate Arch hike and there was Erik and Violet, surrounded by a group of Chinese tourists! They were swarming (this isn't even all of them) Violet and taking pictures and were just amazed at her! I think it was a combination of her being in the backpack and her being so cute
GORGEOUS! I love the blue sky behind the red rock


It was so windy at the top, Violet's poor eyes were watering so bad
So sleepy at Sand Dune Arch

She was so good, and slept every chance she got in the car
Mayce, Hazel me and Violet cooling off in the pool
Almost the whole crew


Dinosaur print!
Dead horse point

A lizard Erik and Bennett caught, Violet tried to squish his head off

Two cute girls at Dead horse point
Grandma and Grandpa Oberg with all the grandkids
Thank you so much for a great trip! We had so much fun and can't wait to go back

5 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

Fun fun!! That is hilarious about the Chinese--typical. Delicate Arch is where Ben proposed to me (and at sunset), so it definitely is awesome to me! :) Violet is adorable.

April said...

Too funny, all those chinese people, "Take Picture of red head baby!" So fun! I LOVE moab we have to go next spring when Finn and Violet can run around like Hudson did at that age, so fun!

The Obergs said...

oh you got some great pictures. It was a fun trip wasn't it. I can't believe how much we packed in to 2 1/2 days. I'm glad we both got to finally experience an "Oberg Family trip".

meag said...

that looks like so much fun. i think that is absolutely hilarious about the chinese people. looks like a great little getaway.

Lauren said...

The picture with the Chinese is hilarious!!! And looks like such a fun trip!!!