I feel like I haven't blogged about what Violet has been up to in a while. The day after she turned one she decided she could walk. I always thought she would be an early walker because ever since she was 4 weeks old she loved to stand. She started walking around the furniture around 9 months and I thought at any moment she would be off! I think she just needed to turn one to get her confidence up.
It's so fun to see her walking all over the house and the park and wherever we go, but it kind of makes me sad! She's in the toddler stage and boy is she showing it. She has started throwing tantrums, and will throw her body when she doesn't want to be picked up or I stop her from doing something.
Walking from Samantha Oberg on Vimeo.
She is getting into mischief, the other day I was doing the dishes and she was in the dining room, she wasn't making a peep so I went to check on her and found this.
It's so fun to see her walking all over the house and the park and wherever we go, but it kind of makes me sad! She's in the toddler stage and boy is she showing it. She has started throwing tantrums, and will throw her body when she doesn't want to be picked up or I stop her from doing something.
Walking from Samantha Oberg on Vimeo.
She is getting into mischief, the other day I was doing the dishes and she was in the dining room, she wasn't making a peep so I went to check on her and found this.
About a week before her first birthday I ran out of formula so it was bye bye to the bottle and on to whole milk in a sippy. She didn't seem to even notice and didn't have any problems. It was so easy and such a relief that I didn't have to wean her, we just went cold turkey.
We had her 12 month check up on Monday
weight: 21.8 lbs 60th percentile
Length: 31 inches 94th percentile. Tall and skinny!
She is a sleeping champion. It's been nice because it's summer and if we are out doing things or have company then she's ok to stay up until 9:00 or so and she will always sleep in. Last night, for instance, we were at softball and didn't get her to bed until 9:00. She slept until 9:30 this morning and I had to wake her up! It's nice but also kind of a pain, it throws off her naps and then she goes to bed late the next night!
She still takes 2 naps on most days but if we have play group or she sleeps in then she'll just have one and she's fine to do both.
She has 6 teeth, 4 on top, 2 on bottom. She's had her eye teeth for a while now and actually got them before her incisors so she's looked like a little vampire baby! Her middle teeth finally cut through so soon enough, no more vampire teeth.
We had her 12 month check up on Monday
weight: 21.8 lbs 60th percentile
Length: 31 inches 94th percentile. Tall and skinny!
She is a sleeping champion. It's been nice because it's summer and if we are out doing things or have company then she's ok to stay up until 9:00 or so and she will always sleep in. Last night, for instance, we were at softball and didn't get her to bed until 9:00. She slept until 9:30 this morning and I had to wake her up! It's nice but also kind of a pain, it throws off her naps and then she goes to bed late the next night!
She still takes 2 naps on most days but if we have play group or she sleeps in then she'll just have one and she's fine to do both.
She has 6 teeth, 4 on top, 2 on bottom. She's had her eye teeth for a while now and actually got them before her incisors so she's looked like a little vampire baby! Her middle teeth finally cut through so soon enough, no more vampire teeth.
We have been going to lots of parks and the splash pad which she loves! She went right into the water and got squirted right in the face a few times when the water changed.
(Thanks to my friend Anna for taking these pictures for me! I forgot my camera)
She is still our little cuddle bug and LOVES being read too. She will sit on my lap and I will read book after book after book and she will just relax and sit and listen and point.
She LOVES dogs and kittens. She says da (dog) for everything, baby, kitty and she will try to pet them and end up hitting them in her excitement and pulling their hair out.
She loves playing on our bed and laughs so hard when Erik plays hide and seek with her. She LOVES playing with daddy.
Untitled from Samantha Oberg on Vimeo.
On the 25th my parents came up and had tritip sandwiches, homemade fries, and peanut butter banana chocolate ice box cake (none of which I got a picture) with us to celebrate Pioneer Day. Afterwards we went to Willow Park for the festivities and Violet had her first taste of my favorite; cotton candy.
but wasn't too sure of it
She is also obsessed with necklaces, everything is a necklace, shoe strings, ropes cords purses, she is such a girl
(band aids are from her shots)
She LOVES dogs and kittens. She says da (dog) for everything, baby, kitty and she will try to pet them and end up hitting them in her excitement and pulling their hair out.
She loves playing on our bed and laughs so hard when Erik plays hide and seek with her. She LOVES playing with daddy.
Untitled from Samantha Oberg on Vimeo.
On the 25th my parents came up and had tritip sandwiches, homemade fries, and peanut butter banana chocolate ice box cake (none of which I got a picture) with us to celebrate Pioneer Day. Afterwards we went to Willow Park for the festivities and Violet had her first taste of my favorite; cotton candy.
but wasn't too sure of it
She is also obsessed with necklaces, everything is a necklace, shoe strings, ropes cords purses, she is such a girl
(band aids are from her shots)
3 comments:
I can't believe she is a year! You are such a cute mom! Lucky little girl!
Oh she's just so funny and cute! I love those pictures that Anna took of you guys; she's so cute in all of them in her little sun hat. And she cracks me up with her necklaces; such a funny gal :)
I love her she always makes me laugh and everything she does is so cute!!
Post a Comment