8/9/11

"Showers"

A Showering of Gifts:

My dear friend Vienna is having a baby girl in September. As soon as I found out she was pregnant I told her I was giving her a shower.  Lot's of girls in our ward are moving this month so I decided to throw the shower a little early so they could be there.

I had so much fun getting ready and planning for this shower!


Get it? Baby SHOWER?!

 Complete with marshmallow chocolate cookies, sugar cookie bars, cupcakes made by my friend Anna, and chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats made by my friend Heather.
 Doesn't she look amazing? I can't wait for baby Nolie to get here in 6 short weeks!
I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of the car seat cover I made her.  It's SO cute if I do say so myself :)


Over the weekend we headed to Firth, ID to visit our friends Chase and Meagan Jones before hunting season starts. Now we won't see them until December! (Chase guides hunts)

It was Preston's birthday so it was his turn to get showered with gifts.  It was perfect timing that we got to attend his party and go to the zoo with him for his first birthday.

 Violet loved the animals and kept calling them them dogs.  It was so fun and a great little zoo, had lots of animals that Hogle Zoo didn't!  We went at like 1:00 so we were sweating to death in the 90 degree weather, but it was worth it.



I LOVE this Lion! Don't you just want to hug him?
Sadly the only picture I got of Meag, and didn't even get any at the birthday party, a good one of Vi and her boyfriend (one of the two :)) or one of me!



Rain Shower's

Thanks to all the rain shower's this spring and early summer, the Oberg's have quite the harvest of raspberries.  We were lucky enough (or maybe unlucky enough) to pick them Monday while Erik's parents are in Washington DC visiting Erik's brother.
Man it's a lot of work!  It was such a beautiful day even though we were sweating buckets.  We got 2 flats of raspberries and we only picked half of the bushes; my mom went up later that night and picked the rest because we would have been there all day.
 Two of these babies!
 Violet loved the cows and kept saying, "ehhhh" I think that was her mooing and saying "deh deh!" (dog)



 She wasn't sure what to think of the fish but kept poking it
 Today I made 3 batches of yummy jam and still had about 8 cups left to freeze for yogurt parfaits, homemade ice cream and more!

I printed these labels off months ago hoping that it would inspire me to can something, voila! (Free from a Studio 5 episode I believe) Labels courtesy of Tip Junkie

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

your shower turned out so cute and it looks like you guys had a great time with the Jones'.

We picked on saturday EVENING, and it was so much more pleasant than raspberry picking typically is. We got a good couple of hours worth of picking in the setting sun with cool temps... I will never pick in the middle of the day again!

Vienna said...

Thank you again so much for the shower! It was so great. I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend; all those pictures of Violet are so cute. I just love her little sun hat!

Lauren said...

Such a cute shower!!! Your so crafty I love it! I wish you lived closer so we could craft together!!! Viloet is beautiful!

Paige said...

those tissue balls turned out so cute! Love that idea. and look at you being all like martha stewart and canning stuff. you're amazing!

Rick and Camille said...

Sammy you are so creative! The baby shower you gave Vienna was so great! Way to go on picking berries & making jams etc. I'm still trying to talk myself into canning :)

Alex and Anna said...

The shower was so much fun and your decor was awesome! You are incredibly crafty! I wish I had that talent! I wish I could have seen the car seat cover ou made that is so cool.