10/21/11

Sliding into Fall

A few weekends ago Erik and I made a trip to Ogden for my grandma Ruby Speechly's 91st birthday. She is such an amazing woman, and it was so great to see all our family.
 Almost all the Speechly women.  Sadly we left right before pictures because we were on our way to Oberg's. Thanks for the picture's April!
 The night before we went to a corn maze with my family.  The kids had so much fun, and so did the adults! They had a huge slide that was so high and super fast.




 That was AWESOME!

 Are they related or what? This picture makes me laugh!
 Maw Family
 Oberg Family
 Call Family

 Last weekend we went to the American West Heritage Center with Crystal and Taylor. We had a great time, it is such a fun place with so much to do
 Getting a closer look at the cows
 




 



We have had so much fun spending time with family as much as we can over the last few weeks.  Erik has an amazing job offer in Denver and we will be moving shortly! We don't exactly have a date, lots of paper work and finding a place to live but it'll probably be in about a month or so.

He will be working as a microbiologist for Leprino Foods.  It is a cheese company, the biggest in the nation, so it's a pretty big deal! I am so proud of him and all the hard work he has put in with school and interviewing and working so hard to support us. We so excited to start our new life in Colorado, although it will be hard to leave behind family and close friends.  We will keep you posted on more details as we get them

5 comments:

April said...

oh my heck her boots are to die for! Such cute pictures! And I am so happy for you guys, finally no more school but I am so sad! What will we do without you guys? sucks!!!!

Kenzie said...

What fun pictures! Looks like a great time! I love fall!

meag said...

yes agreed with april, those boots are the cutest things i've ever seen. Looks like such a fun fall....lots of quality family time. and i'm also so happy for you guys and eriks new job. sad to be leaving but so exciting to be starting a new adventure.

Vienna said...

Cute pictures; looks like you guys have been having a great time! Congrats to Erik on the job. I'm so excited for you guys, even though I'm sad you'll be leaving so soon!

The Obergs said...

I know I've said this a million times, but I'm saying it again.... although I'm so happy for Erik and his new job, it's going to be sad facing this winter without the prospect of family right down the street. We've loved having you guys live so close, it's going to be a sad day when you leave.

Also, I love that picture of Erik and Violet. They really are two peas in a pod, but don't you think for a minute that you don't have a genetic claim to her; she's all you from the nose down.