This was my first Christmas away from home so Friday night we drove up to Estes Park, CO for something to do (or to keep me from getting sad we were missing out on everything).
Violet was so excited when we finally got out of the car and into the hotel she was running around and jumping on the beds
It was dark when we arrived, so in the morning it was so fun to finally see where we were. Mountains!
We took a quick drive up by Rocky Mountain National Park and Erik spotted 6 elk all right next to each other, and a bob cat off the side of the road
It was like a ghost town when we got downtown Estes Park, I thought it would be really busy it being Christmas Eve and all, but there was hardly anyone there
It was pretty freezing (can't wait to get back in the summer, so many trails and a lot more to do) ate lunch in Boulder and got home to make our Christmas Eve dinner.
Annual Oberg stocking picture
Christmas morning was so much fun! Violet ran right in and got to work checking out all her new things. She loves her owl hat I made her and her snow clothes
Her favorite presents were this walking, barking dog, and the sled
She will hold it while it's walking and it will kick her in the face but she just keeps hugging it, it's too funny
We went to church and Violet wore her new Christmas skirt and sweater
Violet with her loot!
Monday Erik took Violet sledding she had the time of her life! Even though it was probably 20 degrees
Have a Happy New Year!
7 comments:
Oh its so good to hear that you had a good Christmas. I've been thinking about you guys. You all look great! I love her little sleeping bag she uses in her stroller. I'm not sure what they're called but they had them ALL over Italy. Every child I saw was in one! Love you Sammy. Hope you continue to have a good holiday.
her fast in that 2nd to last picture on eriks lap is soooo cute! Looks like she had a great christmas! love her owl hat too! so cute!!! glad you got away for the night, what a fun tradition if you don't come home.
What a stunning view! Your trip sounds so beautiful.
I love all your pictures! Rick has always wanted to go to Estes CO it's known for having a lot of elk etc. maybe one day we'll get there :) your pictures make me want to go! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! We miss you!
Oh I miss that Violet! She looks so big and so cute. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas! (P.S. Is that a Kitchen Aid I see???? You lucky duck :) )
Sammy!! Where in the wide wide world have I been! I randomly check your blog and you move to Denver then get pregnant!! wow!! Congratulations on everything! I'm zoo excited but yet bummed. I thought we decided that you were coming to live in Portland! J/k hope all is well! And seriously call me, we obviously have a lot of catching up to do!
I am so sad you went to Estes without us! It is so beautiful up there. Where did you guys stay? I am glad you guys were able to go home for a few days. We need to get together again. Hope all is well and let us know if you need anything. I need your number have Erik text James.
Post a Comment