My mom was able to come out and visit last week while Erik was in San Diego for work (what a hard job huh?) Grammy GG was supposed to come with her but wasn't able to due to her diverticulitis flaring up just before the trip. I'm so sad that I didn't whip my camera out (all of these besides the haircut pictures are from my mom's phone) Violet loves her "Bay" and they had so much fun together.
Yes, Violet calls Grammy, my mom, "Bay". We think she is saying May like GramMAY, but it's coming out Bay, and it is so darling. She cracks me up. We'd even call her Bay and she would look at us like "who is Bay?" Then when we said "Grammy" she knew exactly who we were talking about, to her she is saying Grammy perfectly!
We had so much fun, my mom brought so many prizes for me, Baby Sister, and Violet and helped me with lots of projects for the nursery.
Here's just one of the surprises she made
We had so much fun eating out almost every meal
Costa Vida
Mellow Mushroom AKA Best Pizza on the Planet
Getting Pedi's
Getting hair cuts, Violet's FIRST I might add. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was needed and looks so cute!
Going for walks and playing at the park
It was so good to have my mom here, especially with Erik being gone for three days, I couldn't have done it without her! It was so nice to have her carry Violet, put her in her car seat, bathe her (which is dang near impossible at this point with this belly!) and pretty much do everything for us, not that Violet would have had it any other way. She wouldn't let me hold her, pick her up, put her to bed, change her diaper, anything! "Bay" had to do it. The moment my mom asked if she wanted her to, she'd run over to her with her hands up.
We both had a melt down (both of us crying at EVERYTHING which is nothing new for me lately, but is for Violet, we were both so ornery and sad and miserable!) on Monday when we realized Bay was really gone and wasn't coming back until Baby Sister comes.
BUT that is just 6 weeks away! Give or take, hopefully take :)
Thank you Mom for everything, and for helping out so much, we love you and miss you SO MUCH!
Today I am 34 weeks, WOW time is flying by.
(thought I'd give you a peek at Violet's bathroom for a change of scenery)
This is me everyday; no makeup, t-shirt, maxi skirt or dress. I've given up on jeans or pants of any kind unless it's absolutely necessary and don't plan on wearing them any time soon.
Here's to 6 more weeks!
And for those of you that were wondering, we pretty much have Baby Sister's name narrowed down to two choices. Hopefully we'll figure that out soon:)


7 comments:
Sammy....I got all teary reading this! I know how much I miss my kiddos, I'm sure your mom feels the same. You are too cute! and Violet is adorable. Hang on...baby will be here before you know it! love you!
What a fun time! I was jealous - I miss my babies too - and YOU as well ! I really do - - -
But, what are the two? I was on the edge of my computer - then you didn't say - -
6 weeks will fly ! Congrats and good luck w/ all ahead :)
Sammy, you are SO cute! You make me miss being pregnant :) And that blanket your mom made is amazing. I'm dying to see this baby's nursery. I'm so glad you are loving denver! PS. My hair is getting pretty long..(but only like half your length) I don't know how you do it with kids! I consider chopping it off myself every time mckay holds on and never lets go, which is every 10 minutes. love you!
You look beautiful!!! And just a little basketball baby in that tummy! I miss you! That trip was so good but sucks I don't know when I'll see you again, haha maybe permanently soon? haha Just never know. Glad mom could come and Love that Vi! miss her too. And what are the names? ahhhh
I'm checking the internet at the Obergs while taylor is turkey hunting. It looks like you're having a great time with all of your baby preparations. You have so many adorable things. I love the shower curtain in Violet's room and you look so great! I can't believe that we're in the single digits of how many weeks we have left, how exciting. So what are the names?!?!
I mean Violet's bathroom, not room.
hello adorable on that blanket your mom made. i am dying over it. looks like such a fun week....and you look fabulous as always!!! kinda jealous that vi takes 3.5 hour naps (as stated in previous post) i am lucky if i can get 1.5 out of preston.....excited to hear the two baby names!!
Post a Comment