4/30/12

A Golden Birthday

Saturday April 28th was my Erik's 28th Birthday! THAT my friend's is what we call a "Golden Birthday." I wanted to do something spectacular but wasn't sure what seeing as we are in an apartment with no yard, and Erik really isn't in to his birthday as much as I am. So I decided to just plan a great night out with the two of us.  Saturday morning I surprised him with tickets to a Rockies game. Neither of us had been to one yet so it was a fun little surprise.
I thought I was so good by thinking ahead and buying a parking pass when I bought the tickets. We quickly learned that it would've been worth it to pay $2 more when we arrived to be closer. It was quite the walk to the field but Erik kindly paid this nice young man to give us a ride, with a 100% tip.
Coors Field is really cool, it is smack dab downtown Denver.
It was a chilly night, I was afraid it was going to rain on us but we lucked out.
Our great seats! Well, yet again I thought they were great, I got them right on the end of the row so I could make a quick escape when I needed to walk around or make a pit stop. Yet again, I quickly learned that although my intentions were good, the seats were not the best, people walked up and down the stairs the whole game, right in our field of vision.
 Of course we enjoyed all the baseball food, Erik got a Denver cheese steak and a bratwurst
 Sadly they lost the game to the NY Mets, but it was still a great game.
 All in all it was a great night, even with all my good intentions gone awry
  I love you honey, Happy Golden Birthday!

3 comments:

Blake said...

Oh I'm glad to see you both out and about before baby number 2 hits. It looks so fun out in Denver! I think I might have to come visit!

meag said...

oh that looks so fun....you always seem so good at doing something fun and special for birthdays!! it was good talking to you today, even though i have the most ridiculous phone ever...but anyways, you look great like always!!

The Obergs said...

oh good planning! This looks just like something an Oberg boy would love for their birthday. I'm also impressed with how great you look. Where's your double-chin? Your pregnancy acne? Your puffy face?