First of all, I have to explain the title of this post. My Freshman or Sophomore year of high school my BFF McKenzie and I thought we were pretty cool stuff and came up with what we thought was the best saying ever; "What in the Random?!" Obviously, it was not cool and it didn't get anywhere outside of our 2 woman circle. But it's always fun to look back and make fun of ourselves. Right?
Moving on to this post of randomness...
We had yet more visitors last week! A few months ago I looked up concerts that were coming up this summer at Red Rocks. The Fray was coming so I told my brother, who had just gotten back from his mission, he'd better come out and see his favorite band perform in their home town. Little did I know he would actually do it! He bought the tickets and we anxiously awaited his visit which seemed so far away. It finally came (SO QUICKLY) and Wednesday night he flew in with our dear cousin Marissa.
We had such a great time catching up, shopping, eating out and of course they went to the concert. In the pouring rain! It's been beautiful perfect weather and of course the night of the concert it had to rain, but they didn't mind.
Violet and "Biff" as she calls him.
She loved having them here, Marissa had to do her hair she wouldn't let me do it, she followed her all around the house and if I tried to go into a room they were in Vi would say "no no no!" and close the door on me! Safe to say she LOVES visitors. But it's always sad to see them go, and she has a hard time with it. I hope I'm not scarring her for life with people coming and going so much
Saturday we showed them around downtown so they could see Denver. We drove by Erik's work where he gave us a history lesson on the Denver mafia, got bubble tea, ate at Mellow Mushroom and shopped at where else, H&M.
Violet pretty much drank our entire bubble tea, (no tea in it) she LOVED the tapioca balls (boba I believe they call them) she said "oh more huh. oh more huh" every time I took it away and didn't stop until I gave it back.
We miss them already, hopefully Jeff will be coming out to see Baby Sister not long after she's born. He loved playing with Vi and she sure loves him. They were both such a big help to me, thanks for coming guys!
...
Should I be worried that the nursery still looks like this? I'm starting to think so. I have just 3 weeks, possibly less, to go and I have SO much to do it's insane. Erik has been sleeping on the air mattress between guests so that we can both get a better night's sleep. But once we move in the funriture I think it's going to have to go. We also have to rearrange our bedroom to fit the desk in there.
Do you LOVE the light?! As I've said before, our bedroom is the only room that has a ceiling light. All the others you have to have lamps that work with the light switch. The day we were driving to IKEA to get a light for the nursery we stopped at a garage sale to look for a dresser. No dresser for us, but I saw this beauty. They wanted $30, I offered $20. Sold! I was so excited, I love it even though Erik thinks it's hideous.
Here's a sneak peek of the dresser I found on craigslist for $40. Again, Erik thinks it's an ugly piece of crap but I saw it's true potential and it's turning out fabulously. I just need to finish the dresser frame (finished with drawers) spray paint the hardware and put back on, and voila! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
...
Yesterday was such a great Mother's Day. We have 9:00 church and have made it on time probably once. (Not to mention it's 15 minutes away and we pass another LDS building on our way) I braced myself for what was inevitably going to be a stressful morning trying to get out the door in time, but when I got out of the shower Erik had breakfast all ready. We were still late but it sure did help a lot. He also made a delicious dinner with lots of my favorites, corn on the cob, artichokes, grilled pineapple and margarita lime chicken. He also got me a massage! Can't wait to use it, but I think I'll wait until the nursery is finished (I got one the day before I had Violet, maybe it'll work again and put me into labor?)
We got to Skype with Erik's family and talk to his brother Jake who is on his mission in Chile. After dinner Erik got Vi in the bath and all ready for bed (thus the mismatched pj's) and then found them like this in her room.
LOVE these two.
...
So here I am 37 weeks pregnant (on Tuesday) Full term! It is so crazy to think she could come any day now, but hopefully not until after I get a few more things crossed off my list. I can't wait to see her, kiss her sweet chubby cheeks, hold her as much as I want but mostly see Violet meet her for the first time. I love being a momma and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband and baby girl with another on the way.
(excuse the dirty mirror, I do Vi's hair on the counter and when I spray it with water it gets all over the mirror)

4 comments:
you look great!! so so close! LOVE LOVE the dresser, i can see complete potential and can't wait to see the finished product. so fun to have more visitors. and need i say how completely adorable violet is???
what the heck? YOU ARE TINY!!! I mean seriously you are ready to pop and look like your only 30 weeks pregnant! Good luck I wish I could help those last few weeks are so stressful and not to mention you feel like crap! I can't wait to see her and hopefully hold her before she's too big! and I love that pic of Erik and Vi! So cute!
SO fun! You look amazing; can't believe you're that far along! I think the light is fab and the dresser looks awesome too; can't wait to see it all, and especially that baby girl!!!
Hahaha! I completely forgot about "what in the random?" Oh good memories!
Post a Comment