5/7/12

"Pin it"

My good friend Meagan just did a post on things that's she has tried on Pinterest that she loves. I told her I was probably going to copy her because it was genius. I'm sure she didn't realize it was going to be this soon, but I wanted to get that last post out of the way:)

So here's a look at some things I've tried on Pinterest
 ...
 Projects
When my mom was in town we used this pattern, I made this for Violet and I am currently making matching ones for the girls. 
I made this pillow a few days ago for our bed, because I am yet again changing the color scheme (Erik thought I had bought it, told me it was "cute" and told me I should sell them:)) and I just happened to have the same fabric from another project and just recovered a pillow I already had.
I used this pattern for Baby Sister and I've made a few of these, used this pattern for the nursery, and this (sorry link didn't work) was inspiration for Baby Sister's quilt
twelve 4" strips with 1" white in between. @Sammy Oberg

 
 Food

Mexican Haystacks were pretty good, will probably make them again because I LOVE making things in the crockpot
The missionaries are coming for dinner tomorrow and I am making this Crowd-Pleasing taco salad. Hope it stands up to the name!
Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad Recipe
 And this key lime pie for dessert (hope it's as good as it looks)
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches were a favorite of mine. Quick, easy and I had everything (but the rolls) on hand. I love recipes like this, we will probably be having these a lot this summer
Chicken Enchilada Pasta. The name alone had me sold. I've been missing my Grammy's enchilada's, this didn't quite do the job, but we did like it.
chickenenchiladapasta6 
 Blackened Chicken and Cilantro Lime Quinoa. I've been interested to try quinoa, it's pretty trendy right now and this looks really good. I couldn't find any at the store so I got couscous. This was one recipe that I've made recently that ended up making me cry, I dropped a glass on the counter out of the cupboard and it shattered everywhere. I had to throw out the couscous right before we were about to eat and the chicken looked burned to a crisp, but it actually turned out alright and tasted really good. Not sure if I will make this again.
 
 Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. Need I say more? April told me about these and I couldn't wait to make them. Although they did make me shed a few tears (I get really emotional when I slave over a meal and it doesn't turn out, so frustrating!) because I didn't think they had turned out. They were really messy looking and I thought they were going to be doughy, but they were AMAZING and tasted like a million bucks (although they didn't LOOK like a million bucks)
Will definitely be making this again. SOON.
 
I went to my friend Janine's for breakfast one morning and she made German pancakes with this syrup and fresh fruit on it. I couldn't get over it and kept pouring more and more on my plate. I made it a few days later and vowed that I would never buy maple syrup again. I broke that vow but I can't wait to make it again. It is like CANDY!
 
I made these sugar cookie bars for my friend Vienna's baby shower last summer and I have been looking for an excuse to make them again ever since. They make a TON so you kind of need an occasion to make them. I LOVE sugar cookies so I really liked these, but I substituted the frosting recipe for my mom's cream cheese frosting. So they were EVEN BETTER!
 Made these for a RS activity. Do these ever not taste amazing? Again, looking for an excuse to make them because they make way too many to make them for fun.
We were going to my cousins house for dinner and I needed to take a dessert. I whipped these babies up in no time. They are SO GOOD! I liked them so much I made them again for my brother's homecoming (I think they'd be extra good with some fruit pie filling or carmel drizzled on them)
 
 I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that stood out to me. There are SO many recipes and fun projects I want to try on Pinterest. So what are some of your favorites?

1 comment:

meag said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that adorable pillow. and yum, all your recipes look soooo good. i will have to add them to my list of to-do's. i'm so glad you did this post, it gives me more ideas of what to do, and also i love hearing what is tried & true, or things i should avoid doing....remember how you only have like 4 weeks left. that almost means that baby girl could come in like 2 weeks. crazy!!!