6/12/12

A Few More Things...

I felt like I was missing a bunch of pictures even though I had uploaded pictures from both cameras. Low and behold only one picture from one of the cameras made it onto the computer! So here are a few more. Also a few things I forgot to write about...
Getting ready to go home!
Thoughts on Induction
 I wasn't too keen on the whole idea of being induced. I went into labor on my own with Violet four days early so I was hoping/expecting to go into labor on my own with Elsie. Like I said, we scheduled the induction not really thinking we'd make it that far, but with my mom in town already for a week, and sick of waiting, I decided to just go in Tuesday morning. I also felt like, at what point do I get induced if I don't go on my own? So induction it was! And like I explained before, it went wonderfully.
Tornado Warning!
I was planning on only staying one night, but my Dr said most stay two unless you feel great and want to go home after one. I wasn't feeling so great and I thought it would be a good idea to have Elsie stay in the nursery between feedings, the first night was rough, literally got maybe 2 hours of sleep altogether between feeding her, people coming in and out etc.

Little did we know that Wednesday night there was going to be a storm of a lifetime! I had just gotten out of the shower when I called the nurse for a few things, she acted pretty annoyed but I just ignored it. A few seconds later, as soon as I got back in bed a bunch of nurses came in the room asking if we had heard the announcement about the tornado's. No! We didn't! Everyone had to go out in the hall until the warning had passed. Babies, pj's, no bra's, sore bottoms and all. It was sure interesting! We all sat out in the hall on chairs not sure where to look, or who to look at. 

The couple across the hall from us was really cute, they had just had a baby boy the same day we had Elsie, they asked where we were from and we got to talking. Low and behold they are LDS and they are in our stake! Small world. I guess Erik's garment collar gave us away :) but I had a feeling they might have been before we even got to talking.

Back to the tornado's... We sat in the hall for over an hour, my parents and Vi came up to visit us after going out to eat and they had no idea what was going on! When they turned the corner we were all in the hall, they thought it was visiting hours! ha ha.  Pretty crazy night. When the warning was finally over we got to go back into our rooms but later learned that 6 tornado's touched down that night. One not far from us at all, just a few miles. All I kept thinking was that I was glad that my parents and Violet were with us at the time. But how scary! We didn't get much sleep that night either. The storm was so loud, thunder, lightening, hail the size of golf balls. We are sure blessed that no harm was done to us.
Also the next day was in the 80's, crazy weather...
Skinny mini in her going home outfit
 Not so sure about the car seat! But she did great on the way home
 Her hair cracks me up! It always looks like this but I love it
 My mom got the girls these matching shirts
 And a few of Violet. She loves swimming, she went swimming everyday with Grammy, she is quite the little fishy!

 I know there is more I wanted to write about, but for now that's all I can remember. This mother of two brain is killing me!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Too scary and too cute!!! Dad texted me when it was going down and I said a little prayer for you guys! Glad you are all safe and sound! I love the little Miss. She is just mini and reminds me so much of Paisli. But not the looks just the size! haha! so fun! i was planning taking Violet swimming when I came, maybe we can still work something out!

meag said...

thank you for posting more pics of that cute little thing.love them...so scary about the tornado warning,glad everything is okay though. and violet, still just as stinkin cute as ever. Preston has one of those life-jacket/floaty things and LOVES it, he has no fear with it on (or without it on for that matter.)

Anonymous said...

Seriously the cutest baby... so jealous I want her! Congrats sounds like its a adjustment. I hope your feeling better and glad she is a good healthy baby. Best wishes to your family.

Unknown said...

She is so cute and I love her name! That is crazy about the tornado warning. Glad everything's was okay.

Paige said...

she is just so adorable!!!!! I love her. and i want to squeeze her! that's crazy about the tornado warning! So scary. glad everything turned out okay. miss you!