6/20/12

I Should be Sleeping...

both of my girls are asleep but instead I find myself blogging, watching Pretty Little Liars (guilty pleasure, darn those ABC family shows) and eating a bowl of cereal. 
Today is day#2 of being alone with my two beauties. Today is going a LOT better than yesterday. Baby Elsie is a diva baby (thanks for coming up with a nicer way to say needy, whiny, fussy baby Vienna!) if she's not eating or sleeping, she's often found crying at the TOP of her lungs, red in the face, not breathing she's crying so hard, etc.  We finally got her to like the swing, the hair dryer always works and feeding her will always do the job, but it's a lot harder than it sounds especially when you have a 2 year old that needs you. (we have also tried gripe water and gas drops, neither have worked any miracles)

She does have her angelic moments when we just die at how sweet and perfect and beautiful she is, and today there seem to be a lot more of those.
 Violet is the best helper, she loves Baby Sis. She always wants to hold her, is so sweet and soft and has gotten her to stop crying a few times just by being by her and talking to her.
 She continues to be a great nurser (too great, nurses every 2 hours around the clock, with one longer stretch of 3-3.5 hours if I'm lucky at night) went to her 2 week Dr appointment on Monday and she weighed 7 lbs 13 oz. (has gained 10 oz since birth) He said that is so great and told me he was sorry that she is a diva, some babies are just more fussy than others but she will grow out of it by about 3 months. Fantastic!
Sometimes this is as close as she will get when she's giving her kisses
Erik's mom was in town last week to help and to meet Baby Sis. I wish I would've been able to get my camera out more, but the day, well, really the hour she showed up, is when Elsie decided that she was done being an easy baby.  There were many hours spent pacing and bouncing and rocking trying to figure out what the problem was between the two of us.
 While Lynnette was here Erik was at high adventure with our ward, I don't know what I would have done without her! Thank you so much Lynnette for coming and helping with the girls!

 They hiked two 14ers in one day, well the majority turned back after the first but Erik and a few others went on. 11 miles round trip, he said it was like STARTING a hike on the top of Ben Lomond and then hiking another BenLomond from there as far as the altitude goes (something like that)
He is even sexier than the day I met him and I love him even more than the day we were married, I love you honey, thank you for my two beautiful girls, we are so lucky to have you. Happy Late Father's Day!

My mom gave the girls these matching dresses, so darling
  Here's another look at the nursery. It has doubled as a guest room for the last few weeks, and Baby Sis will be in our room for another month or so, I still need something to put over the crib but other than that it is finished! The rocking chair is in my room while she's in our room and the air mattress is still up, so here's a  look at one side :)
 Here's a reminder of what the dresser looked like before. Yikes! Erik didn't think I could get it to look good, but a few coats of white spray paint and I LOVE the way it turned out! I wasn't planning on using the original hardware, but I love it and don't think I could've found anything more perfect for what i was wanting.
 I got this ladder at Hobby Lobby, it was 50% off for $20, I held off forever but kept going back, finally got it and I'm SO glad I did. I wanted a fun way to display blankets, she's got lots of them!
 I need to move the mirror down a little but other than that I love it, I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.
And see that darling little giraffe? Who else but my dear friend Vienna made it for Baby Sis when she found out we were having another girl, he goes perfectly in the nursery!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sleeping's over-rated! I know exactly what you can put above her crib! The pictures I will take when you come to visit me! I love her and I'm glad today was better than yesterday! Can you imagine being in this quiet dark nice warm pool 24/7 and then BAM!!! You are now in this bright loud cold dry place! It would be quite the shocker! At least she has a beautiful mother and a big sister that she gets too look at! You are such a cute mama and great decorator! Miss you! xxoo

The Obergs said...

her nursery is so cute! You did a fabulous job with the dresser and the ladder is a great idea for the blankets. It was good to talk to you today. I'm happy to hear that today went better than yesterday. Hopefully things will just get better from here on out.

P.S. Vienna makes the cutest things! How fun to have such a talented friend.

Pieces of Us said...

She is beautiful Sammy! Congratulations!! I hope she settles down for you. Will she take a binky at all? I was a mean momma with Nixon and made him wait every 3 hours between feedings...If he cried before then I would just rock him or let him cry. I think it helped him to start getting used to stretching his feedings. And it helped the nips {tmi?} from being so sore! I love the pictures of Elsie and Violet together. They are soo sweet.

The Mansfields said...

Wow! Elsie looks SO tiny next to Violet! They're both adorable...Congratulations! Also, I LOVE how you repurposed that ladder-- so cute.

Skye said...

Congratulations, she's darling. My first was fussy & it was hard enough alone without having to deal with other kids. SO I'm sorry, hang in there.