I've been meaning to post about this for a while but other things kept coming up, Violet's room would be a mess (no change there) or I was waiting for this or that in the room. So I finally decided to just post and love their rooms for what they are. Lately that's what i've been trying to do in my life, accept and love things for what they are.
These pictures don't really show it very well, but Violet's room is REALLY big, bigger than my bedroom. The windows are huge in our apartment so ignore the fact that the curtains aren't touching the ground and also that the black rod is sticking WAY out. (when I pull them open and closed it gets pushed out, I rarely move it back cause it's pointless! and I will get around to spray painting it so it's not black one day)
The door on Violet's dresser fell off when the movers were moving it, it still hasn't gotten fixed.
But I DID manage to recover the seat on my hope chest. She loves sitting on it reading books and looking out the window waiting for Aunt Nanci to come or Erik to come home
(those spots on the carpet are from Clorox spray, not pee pee!)
(those spots on the carpet are from Clorox spray, not pee pee!)
Violet's a little big for the exersauser ;) but she's got the most space in her room so this is where it goes for now
I LOVE her light which we got at IKEA. She doesn't have a light on the ceiling so we have to have lamps in her bedroom as well as Elsie's for the main light in the room.
Still in a crib and I am SO grateful for. She still takes 3 hour naps a day and I would die if she didn't! (notice her tractor? Erik got it for her one day while I was at a RS activity and they went to Murdoch's)
this has become a pretty permanent fort and Vi loves it. I finally just nailed the sheet into the wall because the tape wouldn't hold it very long. I scoot the chair back when we aren't using it and take it off the lamp (fire hazard! usually the light isn't on) Every time we go inside it, or anytime I turn the light on in her room or Elsie's room Violet says "Oh It's booiful in here mama" over and over again.
One day I will paint and recover the chair you see here, I have 2 from my grandparents. Oh the potential! and one day, the shelf you see holding up the sheet on the left will get hung up below the pictures for Violet's books. At this point we might as well wait until we move to do most of these things!
The reason I am posting these pictures is to show the paintings Erik's mom did for the girls' rooms, then I remembered I never posted pictures of their rooms since we moved in 9 months ago (9 months already?!) Isn't it DARLING?! I emailed her a few paintings that I loved, said that I wanted it to be Violet holding her baby and this is what she did. I LOVE it so much.
Meanwhile inside the fort... Don't you love that tooshy? Potty training is going really well...so far! We spend what seems like hours in the fort reading book after book
This rocking horse was Erik's when he was a toddler. I spray painted it pink and voila! Violet loves it
The nursery.
After the "free crib" fell through, I found this one on Walmart.com for $100 including the mattress! Not the best $100 I've ever spent, but pretty darn close!
I made the crib skirt and my mom sewed the sheet for me. I wasn't sure I would like not having bumpers, I kept thinking I was just going to make some but I'm actually quite liking NOT having them. I can peak in on El while she's napping and see her from the doorway without having to go all the way in. Not that I couldn't use the few extra steps:)
My mom made the pouf which I'm using as an ottoman for now, and the chevron blanket on the rocker. Chandelier was $20 find at a garage sale and nightstand I got on clearance for $24 at Target. Curtains are IKEA can't remember how much
I already posted this but I will again for good measure
dresser: Craigslist $40. I repainted for probably $15. Changing pad cover: me. Lamp I had lying around the house recovered it with left over fabric from the crib skirt. Giraffe: Vienna. Frame: empty. need to develop some pictures. Mirror: Consignment store in Golden. Ladder:$20 Hob Lob
Baby: me. Little blanket: Sweet Ruby. Big blanket:me
Oh I love this baby, so squishy and sweet
And again a painting done by my amazing mother in law. Again I emailed her a few paintings I liked and she ran with it. She brought this over to my mom's the morning we were driving back to Denver (in July) and it about made me cry! It's little Elsie. I just love it, I love that my girl's can have these from their Grandma and keep them forever! So special
Almost 3 months old! Can't believe it
While we were playing in Violet's room this morning, I thought I'd test out the bumbo, she did such a great job! Little wobbly but didn't leave her long and she was great! Getting so big
6 comments:
OH. MY. GOSH!!!!! It's all so PERFECT!!!! Good job Sammy! You make me want to really get going on my house...but then I remember we're probably moving so what's the POINT!? Blah. Can't wait though. It's all so cute, really. Like I'm in love with it. The light in Vi's room is to die for and that painting above Elsie's crib....I WANT IT! No I NEED It! So so so cute. you have one talented mother in law that's for sure. I can't forget to mention that you have some pretty darn cute kiddos too! :) Miss you!
both rooms are adorable but i am dying over elsie's room...cutest thing ever. EVERY detail is so perfect and adorable. and those paintings...are you kidding me-amazing. that is talent. really sammy, the whole room is perfect. and those kids of yours-even more perfect.
Love everything! We can do some projects while we are there! It will be fun! And I love that squishy tushy of Violets! I lvoe those thighs of El's! I cannot wait to come see you guys and your home! yay!
I love them! I'm so jealous of how big Vi's room is! Her fort is adorable and she is the cutest. I love the nursery and both the paintings your MIL did are darling! That is so special and cool; your girls will treasure them. Everything is so cute, especially those sweet girl babes!
The paintings the Lynette did are amazing! I love that they're pictures of your girls, what a great idea! Their rooms are adorable, and i have to say that I am totally in love with Elsie's light. What a find!!!
fyi- did you hear about the bumbo recall?? You can go to the recall website and have them send you a free "repair kit" (i.e. a seatbelt that you install in the chair).
Post a Comment