11/5/12

Cinco

Didn't I JUST do this for four months? This babe is growing up way too fast, she needs to slow down. Seriously.
Oh I love this baby, she is practically perfect in every way.

She is still an amazing nurser which has been such a blessing.  This time around has been much easier and I have almost reached my goal of 6 months! I think once I get there I will go ahead and extend it to a year. I never understood how people can "love" or "enjoy" nursing, but I have become one of those people. It is easy, I love having that bond with her, and not to mention it's FREE! I can definitely tell a decrease in my supply when I don't eat as much or I haven't had as much water as usual. Which means those last 6 lbs (to pre-preg weight, a whopping 16 to goal weight) are going to have to stay until I'm done which is worth it to me.

These pictures just do not give her chubbiness justice. Honestly you can't touch your fingertips when you put your hand around her calves. Which means they are bigger around than my wrists!
She is so pleasant and everyone in our new ward just loves her and comments how good and pretty she is.

She is still on the sleep, eat, play cycle in the day but I think we will be transitioning to 2 naps a day soon.

She developed a rash a few days ago, from her cheeks down to her front bum, the poor little lamb. We think it is eczema, so we've been greasing her up with Eucerin a few times a day, and she only gets a bath every other day, if that which makes me sad because they are her favorite! (her hair looks reddish in these pictures but it isn't at all, must be the orange headband and blanket)
We've had some rough nights lately, she's been waking up at least twice instead of the one time at 4:00 or 5:00. Last night it was every 2 hours. I've had to let her cry herself to sleep a few times which breaks my heart but I can't keep nursing her to sleep in the middle of the night. She is also sharing a room with Vi so it's hard because then Vi wakes up and it's back and forth all night.

She can almost sit on her own, she's sat a few seconds here and there but falls to the side.  She still doesn't roll very much, is just content to lie on her back with her arms out to the side and her feet lifted in the air. She rolls from her back to her belly more often than belly to back. 
Timber!
 She loves being outside while we do yard work.  
Another big month ahead, Thanksgiving and a month from today she will take her first plane ride to Utah!

4 comments:

Amy said...

She is a beauty! How is she so perfect? I am excited for one month from today!!!

Janae said...

She is a doll Sammy, Liam had eczema as well and a dr. friend recommended just getting the equate anti-itch cream and it worked like a charm! hope it gets better!

Ben and Camille said...

She is so darling. And I'm so glad you said that about nursing! I nursed the full year with Claire and really feel strongly about people trying as long as they can. I get frustrated when girls want to lose the weight too fast and start dieting and then they just claim they "lost their milk"... I held on the that annoying 10 pounds last time until I stopped nursing, and this time will be the same. It is a sacrifice but like you said, totally worth it! Anyway--way to go!

The Obergs said...

oh my heck, I can't get over that chub squishing out of her diaper. What a sweet little girl. I hear ya about the whole weight thing. Lots of people claim they get super skinny when they nurse.... not me. I'm like a mama bear. Oh well.... Hope the sleeping is getting better!