Why does it seem as though August was so long ago? I feel like it just warmed up! We sure tried to milk those last pool days and 80-90 degree days, going to the pool and park with friends every chance we got. Having fires and BBQ's, I miss them already. Summer 2015 can't come soon enough!
Then came the week of "Pinkalicious Gumball Juice box." I have always hated cats. I grew up having a few and they were just plain evil: hiding under the bed to scratch your ankles as you got into bed, I have a scar under each of my eyes from our cats, I suddenly became allergic to them and we had to get rid of our cat when I was about 7. But, Violet has wanted a kitty in our backyard for a long time, and we get mice (disgusting, I know, it's all thanks to our field in our backyard and it backs to a green belt) so I thought it would be a good idea to have an outdoor cat... We gave it a go, but in the end I was just too allergic. But it was fun while it lasted!
Violet doesn't get attached to things, but Elsie was sure a good little momma to Pinkalicious.
Jeff and Meg came out to visit before school started, and we had the best time with them, Norwex parties with a "Dirty" drink bar, Meg's first trip to Ikea, and hobo dinners.
Til next year summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment