Every Dr appointment I had from 36 weeks until 39 weeks, the Dr checked me and said that I wasn't dilated. I was thinned 70%, but a big fat "nothing". I tried not to be discouraged but with Violet and Elsie I was always showing some sort of progress! I was determined not to be induced, I really wanted baby to come on her own. My induction with Elsie was great, but I knew my body had gone into labor on it's own before, so it could do it again. And I knew that she would come when she was good and ready. That being said, my due date was May 30th and I set my induction (just in case) for June 2nd; Three days passed my due date.
My mom came out May 26th because she couldn't wait any longer! She was just too excited and didn't want to miss the baby coming. The weather had been so dreary, rainy and cloudy for MONTHS so the minute the pool open and it was nice enough, we went! We went two days in a row. The girls loved it, and so did I! We went for a walk Wednesday morning before the pool and Crystal came down with the girls. That night I didn't think that baby was coming any time soon. Erik had said that he thought she would be born Thursday, but I was quickly starting to think that wasn't going to happen.
I went to bed and woke up the next morning (Thursday May 28th) sad that I was still there, but we had plans so I wasn't too disappointed. I was still feeling well and not too desperate yet! I woke up at 7:00 but stayed in bed on my phone for about an hour, I was having contractions and they were regular but they weren't painful, nothing new. They were pretty close together but they weren't lasting very long. I got up, made my bed and felt a little gush. Did my water just break?!?!?!
I went in to the bathroom, and wasn't sure what to think! I called Erik who had just left for work about 20 minutes earlier, and told him I thought it had broken. My Dr's office opened at 8:30 (it was just after 8:00) so I was waiting til they opened to call. I went up and told my mom and she said "yeah, that's probably what it was!"
I called the Dr's office and they said to come right in to Labor and Delivery, called Erik back and he was on his way home.
By the time I got ahold of the Dr's office my contractions were about 4 minutes apart and getting more painful by the minute. They were lasting longer and getting super uncomfortable, taking my breath away and stopping me in my tracks.
By the time Erik got home I was pretty miserable, I had the baby's bag packed, and I had a few things of my own laid out, I threw a bag together and we were off!
I told the girls, "she's coming! She's coming today!" I don't think they quite understood it, but it was just so exciting!
We got the hospital and waited in the lobby for what felt like forever waiting for my wheelchair. I was hurting so bad I just wanted to run to my room!
The CNA watched me in the chair having contractions and said "yeah... I think we're putting you in a room, I think this is the real deal judging by how you are sitting and how fast those contractions are coming." Ya think?!
We got to our room about 9:30, I got in my gown and they checked me. I was a 5! Everything went so quickly, I wanted Erik to take one final picture of me pregnant but we didn't have time. They hooked me up to monitors, I said "These contractions are right on top of each other I can't even recover from the last! I just don't feel like they're lasting very long" The nurse looked at the monitor and said "they're actually lasting 90-100 seconds, so you aren't getting any breaks!" I was starting to feel like wonder woman, I was cranking this baby out in no time!
I asked for my epidural even though I hadn't been in labor very long, I was nervous I was going to miss my window of opportunity. Erik thought I should go without because it was all going so quickly. I about stabbed him in the eye, the contractions were KILLING me and I needed to get some rest, my whole body was so tense! They said it was coming as soon as my IV was in. The Dr came and got the epidural going and I felt like a million bucks almost immediately. I was able to relax and get some rest.
My mom came up to the hospital with the girls, all the nurses and workers at the hospital loved them! They decided to go get lunch because we thought it would be a while before I had to push.
Shortly after they left I felt the urge to push so we called the nurse in. She called the Dr and they quickly started getting things ready, all the tools laid out, the lights on, moving the bed into the righ position etc. I started to panic! This is really happening! Like, NOW! Holy balls. Ready or not!
I started to push and it was SO PAINFUL! -With Violet's birth the epidural was a little overkill. You literally could have stabbed me in the leg and I wouldn't have felt a thing. Elsie's was PERFECT. I wasn't in any pain whatsoever but could feel just enough to know what was going on.-
I had only had my epidural for about 2 hours so it didn't have time to work to it's full potential (nice way of saying it:) My Dr. was at a different hospital that day so I had Dr Garanadillo. She is really young and cute and was a great cheerleader! I pushed for what felt like a million years but was probably only 3-4 pushes. Erik was such a great support, I kept saying "I can't do it! It hurts so bad! I can't do it!" and in my head I kept thinking, "They're going to have to take me for a C-section, I can't do this!" It was just so painful, I had never felt anything like it! Erik told me I could do it, that she was so close held my hand and made me feel so much more at peace and I knew I could do it. I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head from pushing so hard and I was going to burst every blood vessle in my face but I pushed that baby out!
12:55 PM
7 lbs 1 oz
19.25 inches long
I couldn't believe how tiny she looked, how beautiful and perfect she was, how loudly she was crying and that she looked so much like Elsie with her dark thick hair and big lips!
I had told the crew when I had Violet and Elsie that I wanted to do skin to skin, but for some reason when it came down to it I didn't get too; they had a towel on them first, or I didn't pull my gown up in time. This time I was determined! They plopped little Clemmie right on my now empty tummy and she was SO MAD! She cried and screamed and cried forever! I was bawling, partly because I had done it, partly because the pain was gone, but mostly because she was so beautiful and perfect and safely in my arms. I couldn't believe she was here!
Skin to skin is such an amazing thing. With my other girls I think I was a little too out of it, whether it was the drugs, or the adrenaline, it was all a little out of body. This time around I felt every positive emotion in the book. I was ecstatic, relieved, overwhelmed with joy! I felt love for her that I didn't feel for my other girls for a few days. I held her all covered in blood and guts on my belly forever. It had to be at least an hour. I nursed her, held her, kissed her before they even wiped her off. They finally talked me in to taking her to her little bed to weigh her, give her her shots and eye goop and let her sisters see her.
Watching her sisters come in and meet their baby sister was incredible. My sweet little girls already seemed so much bigger to me and it broke my heart. But it also made me so happy to know how much help they were going to be and how much they will love baby sis.
I stayed just 26 hours at the hospital and made it home to a cute sign on my garage my mom and girls made, mexican food and happy happy girls that their momma and baby were home.
After I had Violet I couldn't wait to have another baby, I was ready to get pregnant and do it all again IMMEDIATELY! With Elsie, even though everything went perfectly I still knew I wanted some time. After Clementine I couldn't believe that I knew I was going to do it again, and possibly AGAIN! It's such an incredible amazing experience and I feel so blessed to get to carry these babies full term, and have them all be perfect and healthy and beautiful.
My mom came out May 26th because she couldn't wait any longer! She was just too excited and didn't want to miss the baby coming. The weather had been so dreary, rainy and cloudy for MONTHS so the minute the pool open and it was nice enough, we went! We went two days in a row. The girls loved it, and so did I! We went for a walk Wednesday morning before the pool and Crystal came down with the girls. That night I didn't think that baby was coming any time soon. Erik had said that he thought she would be born Thursday, but I was quickly starting to think that wasn't going to happen.
I went to bed and woke up the next morning (Thursday May 28th) sad that I was still there, but we had plans so I wasn't too disappointed. I was still feeling well and not too desperate yet! I woke up at 7:00 but stayed in bed on my phone for about an hour, I was having contractions and they were regular but they weren't painful, nothing new. They were pretty close together but they weren't lasting very long. I got up, made my bed and felt a little gush. Did my water just break?!?!?!
I went in to the bathroom, and wasn't sure what to think! I called Erik who had just left for work about 20 minutes earlier, and told him I thought it had broken. My Dr's office opened at 8:30 (it was just after 8:00) so I was waiting til they opened to call. I went up and told my mom and she said "yeah, that's probably what it was!"
I called the Dr's office and they said to come right in to Labor and Delivery, called Erik back and he was on his way home.
By the time I got ahold of the Dr's office my contractions were about 4 minutes apart and getting more painful by the minute. They were lasting longer and getting super uncomfortable, taking my breath away and stopping me in my tracks.
By the time Erik got home I was pretty miserable, I had the baby's bag packed, and I had a few things of my own laid out, I threw a bag together and we were off!
I told the girls, "she's coming! She's coming today!" I don't think they quite understood it, but it was just so exciting!
We got the hospital and waited in the lobby for what felt like forever waiting for my wheelchair. I was hurting so bad I just wanted to run to my room!
The CNA watched me in the chair having contractions and said "yeah... I think we're putting you in a room, I think this is the real deal judging by how you are sitting and how fast those contractions are coming." Ya think?!
We got to our room about 9:30, I got in my gown and they checked me. I was a 5! Everything went so quickly, I wanted Erik to take one final picture of me pregnant but we didn't have time. They hooked me up to monitors, I said "These contractions are right on top of each other I can't even recover from the last! I just don't feel like they're lasting very long" The nurse looked at the monitor and said "they're actually lasting 90-100 seconds, so you aren't getting any breaks!" I was starting to feel like wonder woman, I was cranking this baby out in no time!
I asked for my epidural even though I hadn't been in labor very long, I was nervous I was going to miss my window of opportunity. Erik thought I should go without because it was all going so quickly. I about stabbed him in the eye, the contractions were KILLING me and I needed to get some rest, my whole body was so tense! They said it was coming as soon as my IV was in. The Dr came and got the epidural going and I felt like a million bucks almost immediately. I was able to relax and get some rest.
My mom came up to the hospital with the girls, all the nurses and workers at the hospital loved them! They decided to go get lunch because we thought it would be a while before I had to push.
Shortly after they left I felt the urge to push so we called the nurse in. She called the Dr and they quickly started getting things ready, all the tools laid out, the lights on, moving the bed into the righ position etc. I started to panic! This is really happening! Like, NOW! Holy balls. Ready or not!
I started to push and it was SO PAINFUL! -With Violet's birth the epidural was a little overkill. You literally could have stabbed me in the leg and I wouldn't have felt a thing. Elsie's was PERFECT. I wasn't in any pain whatsoever but could feel just enough to know what was going on.-
I had only had my epidural for about 2 hours so it didn't have time to work to it's full potential (nice way of saying it:) My Dr. was at a different hospital that day so I had Dr Garanadillo. She is really young and cute and was a great cheerleader! I pushed for what felt like a million years but was probably only 3-4 pushes. Erik was such a great support, I kept saying "I can't do it! It hurts so bad! I can't do it!" and in my head I kept thinking, "They're going to have to take me for a C-section, I can't do this!" It was just so painful, I had never felt anything like it! Erik told me I could do it, that she was so close held my hand and made me feel so much more at peace and I knew I could do it. I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head from pushing so hard and I was going to burst every blood vessle in my face but I pushed that baby out!
12:55 PM
7 lbs 1 oz
19.25 inches long
I couldn't believe how tiny she looked, how beautiful and perfect she was, how loudly she was crying and that she looked so much like Elsie with her dark thick hair and big lips!
I had told the crew when I had Violet and Elsie that I wanted to do skin to skin, but for some reason when it came down to it I didn't get too; they had a towel on them first, or I didn't pull my gown up in time. This time I was determined! They plopped little Clemmie right on my now empty tummy and she was SO MAD! She cried and screamed and cried forever! I was bawling, partly because I had done it, partly because the pain was gone, but mostly because she was so beautiful and perfect and safely in my arms. I couldn't believe she was here!
Skin to skin is such an amazing thing. With my other girls I think I was a little too out of it, whether it was the drugs, or the adrenaline, it was all a little out of body. This time around I felt every positive emotion in the book. I was ecstatic, relieved, overwhelmed with joy! I felt love for her that I didn't feel for my other girls for a few days. I held her all covered in blood and guts on my belly forever. It had to be at least an hour. I nursed her, held her, kissed her before they even wiped her off. They finally talked me in to taking her to her little bed to weigh her, give her her shots and eye goop and let her sisters see her.
Watching her sisters come in and meet their baby sister was incredible. My sweet little girls already seemed so much bigger to me and it broke my heart. But it also made me so happy to know how much help they were going to be and how much they will love baby sis.
Elsie was just very quiet, not quite sure what to think! And I am so grateful my mom was there when she was born. It was so comforting to know that the girls were having fun with Grammy and being well taken care of.
Only picture we got of the now family of FIVE!
The hospital stay was great, the nurses were fabulous and the rooms/wing was BRAND NEW. We were one of the very first to use the labor and delivery room! Erik was so sweet and helpful, that first night was a doozy. I literally don't think I slept at all, between feeding her, getting up to go to the bathroom and trying to get comfortable on that bed I got maybe a couple minutes here and there. We were ready to go home! But we had lots of cute visitors!I stayed just 26 hours at the hospital and made it home to a cute sign on my garage my mom and girls made, mexican food and happy happy girls that their momma and baby were home.
After I had Violet I couldn't wait to have another baby, I was ready to get pregnant and do it all again IMMEDIATELY! With Elsie, even though everything went perfectly I still knew I wanted some time. After Clementine I couldn't believe that I knew I was going to do it again, and possibly AGAIN! It's such an incredible amazing experience and I feel so blessed to get to carry these babies full term, and have them all be perfect and healthy and beautiful.




























No comments:
Post a Comment