It's strange but I have a wierd love of hospitals. Maybe its the drugs or maybe it's the comfort of knowing I'll be feeling better (again drugs) or maybe its the amazing memories of seeing my Dr monthly then weekly, but I really just love them. HOWEVER, when I have a baby, I want to get out of there ASAP! The hospital beds are so uncomfortable, I'm ready for my house and my own things. Erik and I decided we'd only stay one night, so once the baby had her 24 hours old lab tests done, we were out of there!
I was so full of mixed emotions. I was excited to get home but also very scared. After I had Elsie I didn't drink nearly enough water. I was probably very dehydrated, that mixed with the pain killers I was popping every few hours, I was pretty stopped up to say the least. That being said, I didn't want that to happen this time and I had MAJOR anxiety about it. I was so nervous I would be constipated again, or hurt my stitches (even though I only had like 2 this time) or be in pain. I was having some post tramatic stress disorder going on. The first night was a nightmare. I cried and felt like I couldn't breathe, I didn't want to be left alone even for a second. The anxiety was bad.
I slept in the nursery, in the guest bed with my mom sleeping on the floor and the baby in the crib. I just wanted my mom! We were up every 3 hours to feed her (have to feed newborns every 3 hours at least until they get back up to birth weight) and it was kind of a nightmare. I don't know what I would've done without my mom being there. The girls were able to have fun with Grammy and/or dad while my mom or Erik was helping me with the baby, or myself!
We had so much fun just soaking up this sweet little spirit
No comments:
Post a Comment