3/17/08

Spring Break in Vegas

Last week was wonderful spring break. We woke up early Wednesday morning, and drove the 7 long hours to Vegas with the Oberg clan. I took so many pictures, and I tried to only post a few, but there were so many good ones! It was so fun, we stayed with Erik's brother and his family, it was so good to see them. The weather was perfect and it was so beautiful. Bennett and Becka took us all over Vegas to caves and mines and slot canyons, we did lots of exploring! Thanks Bennett and Becka for such a great time!
Some cool tunnels we walked through by Lake MeadErik and Bennett searching for Agates (their favorite thing to do I've found)Erik found a little whole in a rock and slid through it, if you look close his feet are at one end, head out the otherBennett, Becka, Mayce (so cute!) Me, Erik in the cave! Mayce was such a trooper, she didn't mind a bit that we were in a cave, hiking around.
Looking down the cave, we crawled through some little spaces, pretty far down

Cute Ashden and I in the cave, waiting for Erik and Bennett to come back up. We went down about 100 feet, it got pretty stuffy, but pretty fun! the caves were just covered in graffiti.

Erik and Bennett, they went a little further than I could handle. It was soooo dark in there without lights, luckily we had plenty of flashlights

Ashden by a big stalactite (or lagtite as he would call them)

Mayce, Becka, Karli and I standing outside the cave. It was quite the hike.

Erik and Bennett, coming out of the cave. So bright!

Erik showing off his muscles climbing up the walls in the slot canyon

Going back out of the slot canyon

Hoover Dam!

Lynette, Craig, Erik and I after Craig's half marathon. Way to go Craig!

Ashden's birthday is March 18th, so we celebrated it at Super Mex (the best Mexican restaurant!) Erik, Karli and I gave him this sweet Transformer.

Deep fried Twinkies and oreos on Fremont street. The old "strip" they were sooo yummy!

Not pictured was Buffalo Bills roller coaster down in Primm. Wow. I've never been on such a big roller coaster! It was scary, i have to admit, before we started to take off, I got a little teary eyed! All I kept thinking about was what if my seat belt comes undone! Pathetic I know, but I'm just not ready to die! It was so great, we ended up going twice! This was such a great trip and as you can see we fit a lot in in 4 days!

4 comments:

Becka and Bennett said...

Sammy we had so much FUN! Thanks for coming to visit! Ashden cant stop talking about all the adventures! He loves the transformer and plays with it all the time, in fact he has to bring it with him every where we go. Hope you guys come to Disney land! We love getting together with you and Erik! Wish we were closer!

April said...

Thats awesome I'm so glad you got away. We need to go hiking how fun.

Becka and Bennett said...

Sammy I just showed Ashden that picture with you and him and he smiled and said " that is the best picture ever!" He adores you! hahaha

The Obergs said...

hahah, I was the same way the first time I went on Buffalo Bill's (refer to my comment on Bennett and Becka's page). It looks like it was beautiful there. Too bad we weren't there to enjoy the sweet caves with you guys.

P.S. Your second picture was awesome! Good job