July is my favorite month I can't believe how quickly it came this year! We had tons of fun hanging out with family and friends over the 3 day weekend. Erik has given me speech after speech about how great our country is and that its "the greatest country on the face of the planet." How right he is, I am truly grateful to live in America where we have so many wonderful rights and privileges that are so hard not to take advantage of everyday. Here's a quick look at our fun filled weekend...
Scott, Jay D, Lauren and I
Julianne, Me, Marissa, Jeff and Hudson
Jeff doing all his tricks!
After a fun day of swimming at the cousin's with the Speechly side, we joined the Oberg's in Liberty for some delicious grub made by Taylor and Lynette. It was so good! Taylor smoked ribs and chicken, we had the best bbq beans ever and great pasta salad. Mmmm. The boys did some fishing and Crystal played with the duck, we then headed over to Liberty park to see the fireworks.
Liberty Fireworks
Taylor, Ryan (Jake's friend) Jake, and Erik
Liberty Fireworks
Taylor and Crystal made a trip up to Evanston to get some fireworks for the boys to play with, they had such a blast, Erik especially loved the fire crakcers. Thanks Crystal and Taylor for sharing those!
On Saturday we had a big celebration for my grandpa Speechly's 91st birthday party. He treated all the family to dinner at the Timbermine. It was so good to get the whole family, 72 people including kids, grandkids and great grand kids (with the exception of a few cousins) together to celebrate this wonderful man's life. He is such a sweet man and still has a great sense of humor. He treats my grandma so sweetly, still opens the car door for her and holds her hand. He was a war hero in WWII, worked as a State Farm Insurance Salesman and lived a wonderful life. We love him so much and are so glad he's still here with us.
Susan(5), Brent (my dad)(4), Craig(3), Sherrie(2) and Dick(1)
Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Roy
Erik and I with Ruby and Roy
7 comments:
Looks like your 4th was a blast!! YEAH for the holidays and 3 day weekends!!
Love cute Ruby's little face and I'm still laughing about the peace sign. I lOVE it, I'm going to start doing that in pictures too, ha! We had a great time with you guys on friday and Taylor had an especially good time yelling at Erik to stop throwing the firecrackers, hahah. I'm still planning on a camping trip in 3 weeks... we will have a good time.
Don't ya just love the 4th of July? it's my very favorite holiday. your little niece Ruby is so cute! I take it she's named after your grandma. I love that. :)
oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun last weekend. looks like a blast. yeah, that slide is so very close to my parents house...about 5-10 minutes. thats crazy...yeah it used to be a bit disgusting, but we didn't run into any mucky water ponds at the end, but i clearly remember those sick ponds. but thats funny that you were there...why did you go there? its a pretty random spot....
OH CUTE PICTURE OF US! GOOD THING YOU CAN'T SEE ME THAT WELL! LOL I LOVE GRANDPA AND GRANDMA SO MUCH! THEY ARE SO SWEET! I KNOW HE DOESN'T LOOK AT THIS BUT THANKS GRANDPA FOR BEING THE GRANDPA YOU ARE AND SO GENEROUS!
What a fun day you had, congratulations to your grandpa for living such a great life!
Oh your 4th looks so fun! I miss utah so bad! haha Man the good ol parties at aunt laurie's...You look so happy too!!
Post a Comment