8/29/08

You Don't Know Me At All

Not only is that the title of Ben Folds new song, but my sister April tagged me to write 6 things you don't know about me, and I'm super bored at work so here it goes...

1. This is a long one...
When I was a sr in high school I was dx with Guillian Barre' Syndrome. I had a little cold in November, never got better, started feeling extremely weak and fatigued all the time, no one believed me until I couldn't climb the stairs or run. The littlest things exhausted me, I lost 10 lbs in one week, my dr couldn't figure out what was wrong, I went through so many tests. I was poked and prodded with needles stuck into my legs and arms and wiggled around, MRI'd, CT'd, I even had treatment's that were supposed to help at $5000 a pop. I missed 3 months of school my Sr. year and I was a Sr class officer. At my worst I couldn't squeeze the toothpaste, climb stairs, or even turn over in bed. It was such a hard time and my mom was there by my side the entire time, she was teaching preschool in our basement and had to cancel on numerous occasions. I walked like I was 90 years old and my brother in law called me Grammy Sammy. (still does)

2. I have to make the bed everyday. Even when I leave before Erik gets out of bed and I come home at 6:00 at night and its not made, I have to make it, even though I'll get in it in a few hours.

3. When I was in the 6th grade I got my hair cut short like a boy. I was already in that goofy awkward looking age, and I was mistaken for a boy all the time. It was so sad, I was teased in school and I am still scarred to this day because of it! I'll never have short short hair again!

4. I day dream non stop (or have ADD) and even if I'm on the phone with a patient at work, I find myself having to ask them a couple of times what they were calling for. Needless to say, they don't like that very much.

5. I've played the piano since I was 8 years old, and when I was in high school I was in competitions at Weber State, only receiving superior ratings but never placing.

6. My little brother and I are best friends, all through out Jr high and even high school he would sleep in my room on the floor. We would stay up talking all night long laughing our heads off about the dumbest things. We had a theme song, "Some day some way" and we promised that we'd dance to it on my wedding day, sadly we didn't for some reason and I still regret it! Sorry Jeff, we HAVE to on your wedding day.

4 comments:

Kenzie said...

I love your blog! You and your husband are very cute together! I like when people do posts like this one. I always learn something new. I didn't know that you missed three months of our senior year. I am sorry you were that sick!

The Obergs said...

Sammy, I am the same way about our bed. I think it might actually kill Taylor to make it once he gets up, so I always make it when I come home for lunch. Also, I think you and Erik take the award for the weirdest ailments. You two are like the walking freak show (in a good way) but seriously, the weirdest things happen to you guys.

Lauren said...

sammy we are too much a like.. i day dream on the phone at work too and than wonder what they wanted and feel dumb to ask them so i make up something and they so no it was this.. lol I remember when you were so sick.. it was so scary and I would pray for you every night cuz my cousin had to be okay!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Wow Sammy i learned alot!! I can't believe that disease you got your Sr. year that is scary!!