12/19/08

The Revenge of Holden Caufield

This has nothing to do with the beautiful snow that is falling outside my window at work, or the fact that Christmas is 6 days away but I just found this video and I couldn't resist. I have posted about these guys before; this is my friend Doug Kissinger from San Luis Obispo singles 5th ward singing and playing the guitar. He dated one of my girl friends that was so nice to me while I was there being a nanny for 6 months. He wrote this song and the band is Nothing Ever Stays. In this video he is walking around the fabulous down town San Luis, at the 2 minute mark he walks in the famous Bubblegum Alley (which holds my very own chewed up piece of sweet mint orbit gum on one of the discusting walls) and at 2:35 he sits down with Milan Vrajich, also a member of the ward until he got married. They are so great and I hope they make it big!


5 comments:

The Obergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Obergs said...

Blogger crystal said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the song. A few thoughts I had while watching the video:
1. The fact that he walked away from his guitar case, the money and eventually his guitar made me a little paranoid. I'm glad it is just a video, because in real life, he could have kissed those things goodbye.

2. I loved the strategically placed back-up guitarist throughout the video. He never looked frazzled from running between one location to the next...

3. Bubblegum alley, although strangely beautiful, is disgusting. If I were to ever walk there I would be nervous that the gum might disorient me, causing a run-in with the wall. Doesn't sound pleasant.

4. What I wouldn't give for Taylor to end up teaching in San Luis Obispo, it looks beautiful.

Sarah said...

How cool! I love the connections you have to this video. It's a good song AND you've been there!

Sharee said...

I hope they make it too. I like the song, that is cool. Thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great christmas, if you want we are having fight night tomorrow (sat.) we would love you to come.
hope to see you there.

April said...

Totally lovin' that song. Are they becoming more famous? Oh and that gum wall, sick, made me want to gag, but kind of cool at the same time.