3/22/09

A Twilight Weekend

Everyday when I'm bored at work I go through a mental list of websites that I have to check out at least 3 times a day twilightlexicon.com. robertpattinson.org, and then of course blogs.
Friday afternoon I was looking on twilightlexicon when I came across a list of places (LA, NYC, Dallas, SLC and Chicago) that a cast member was going to show up at that night for the DVD release. I immediately emailed Paige to tell her we HAD to go to one of the 8 locations to see who it was going to be. Later that day I checked the website again and the location had been confirmed. Riverton, UT Walmart.
So we decided we couldn't pass up this opportunity; after all, what if it had been Edward or Jacob? We drove down to Riverton, arrived at about 9:00 with all the other crazy Twilight fans and waited around to see who the special guest was.
It was actually a lot of fun, we got free food, cake, punch and we were lucky enough that Paige saw an old friend that we were able to butt in line with.

Oh Edward Costume contestants; Victoria and JamesThe special guest was Rachelle Lefevre who plays one of the bad vampires in the movie; Victoria. We were way excited. We snagged a picture with her, even though we were yelled at afterward for jumping behind her, and even got her autograph!She was so pretty and really nice.Paige and I with her friends.
Saturday night I threw a little Twilight party. A few friends came over and we had Twilight themed food, Werewolf bites; chicken and tri tip kabobs (made by Erik), blood; red punch, muddy buddies; Jacob's dog food, and Twizzler "bites".

Katelin, Karli, Me, Paige and Jenna
After the food I put together a little Twilight Trivia and had a prize. Crystal was the winner and she is a winner! She was due on Saturday and still made it to the party! She looks fantastic too.

Katelin, Crystal, Karli, Paige and Jenna

10 comments:

Paige said...

That was a fun weekend! Thanks for planning everything. The party at your house turned out great! I'll have to ask Erik what he did to make that chicken so yummy! Good luck at your new job today!

Amy said...

Your a dork!!! yep a big one! BTW what happened to Carlie??? mom said something about car jacking.

The Obergs said...

Sammy, you totally crack me up. I'm so glad that we were down your way this weekend so that I could go to your party. It was really fun! The food was great; I really don't know how Erik made that chicken so moist and tender, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I'm glad I won the trivia game, however it may have been a little closer with some of the other contestants had I not had some of Karli's helpful hints...(thanks Karli).

P.S. That is probably one of the best pictures that you could have taken of me at this point. My hair is covering my double and triple chins, and you only get a snippet of how huge my body is... good work!

Hope work went well today. Of course it HAD to snow on your first day of commuting. If you want to stay at our house and wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothes to work tomorrow, you are more than welcome.

meag said...

hey! that looks like so much fun. things like that make me wish i lived in ut close to you two again. but i'm glad you had fun. How did your first day @ work go? hope it went well. see you this weekend.

Kenzie said...

How fun!! I only went to Riverdale Walmart. I wish I would have gone to that Walmart! I am glad I am not the only crazy Twilight fan!

April said...

Um hello, why wasn't I invited to the party? Just kidding I was sick. Oh so much fun. I can't believe you saw her how cool. And what a cute house I need to come see.

Anonymous said...

Sam you are so cute, I love how obsessed with Twilight you are!
I bought the movie and watched it but then I got my wisdom teeth out so I wasn't really able to enjoy it... I'll have to devote some much needed Edward Belle hours this weekend.
How was your new job?

Brooke said...

that is so fun! i love all the food you made-- so creative!

*Laura* said...

Thats so awesome, i heard someone was coming, but figured not one of the main, but that is sooo fun i love twilight!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh how fun is that?!?! I need some twilight fanatic friends! All of my friends haven't even read the books... I know so boring