Lately I've been all about not giving up on my dreams. I just feel like before I know it, I'll have a million kids and won't have accomplished anything in my life (not that THAT isn't an accomplishment in itself) and Erik has been behind me 100% on all of my crazy ideas; becoming and Anchor woman, being a high school teacher, a dentist, a nurse, a stay at home mom, owning my own bakery, a wedding planner, a wedding gown designer, an actress, try out for American Idol, go on Amazing Race or Survivor, but perhaps the most out there is attending the French Culinary Institute pastry school in NYC and even when I told him that it was $38,950 for the 6 month program, he was totally gung ho; saying we'll just take out a loan and told me he'd miss me while I was away, but if that is what I really wanted to do then he'd make sure it happened. 
I feel very safe with Erik and know that he could provide for our family if we ever have to "live off the land". Every time we hang out with the Nelsen's Phil and Erik talk about gathering up their guns and living off the land.
He is such a stud and a manly man, he cooks amazing meals, fishes, hunts, he can sew, makes me weak in the knees when he smiles at me, is extremely knowledgeable about the gospel and most everything else and loves me more than I deserve. 
I love how many hobbies he has; Numismatic (coin collecting), guns, fishing, panning for gold, and exploring and looking for precious rocks. If you come to our house, your likely to find all of the above, all over the place. He's quite the collector.
He puts up with me even when I'm in the worst of moods, never raises his voice and has the patience of Job.
He is going to be the BEST dad on the face of the planet, he loves kids and little babies.
Every time I walk into the room he HAS to give me a hug, even if I JUST gave him one moments before he HAS to give me a hug. If he's lying down on the couch then he yells "come give me a hug!" I love it, even though I give him a hard time.
He's DEAD SEXY.

He is so handy! He can fix anything around the house, he fixes both of our families' cars, computers, and toilets, and he even rigged up a radio antenna (long wire) for our TV to get cable.
Can always make me laugh and makes up the best stories.
He has gone through so much, and yet you'd never know, he NEVER complains about his pain. He does so much for me, and I could never live without him.
He looks like a little kid when he gets excited or sad; just so innocent and sweet, he was actually voted "Most Innocent" in high school, how cute is that.
I could go on for days about why Erik is the best husband in the land, but I think this will do it til later. Happy Birthday on the 28th honey, and I'm so proud of you for graduating.
Just 4 More years til your finished for good!!!!
12 comments:
It sounds like you have an amazing husband!!!! What a guy! :)
Normally not the commenting type, but Erik really is a stud. One day we will in fact be living off the land, and you will be very glad that you married the man you did.
You are so cute Sammy! I'm glad you are so happy!!
Erik is pretty awesome! Love Love Love all the Oberg boys!
What a cute post Sammy!! I seriously love you guys. Follow your dreams.......
Oh Erik, he does keep everyone laughing doesn't he. I do have to say that one of my favorite things about these Oberg boys is how handy they are. I LOVE that they can fix virtually anything. I also love the fact that if we got lost in the wilderness they would be able to keep us alive for the rest of our lives.
Happy birthday, graduation, and moving Erik!
Is the green fence you were wondering about the aqua cinder blocks?
Its the laundromat on Washington.
Hope that helps. Not sure if thats what you were talking about
those were some really good reasons to love your husband for. Erik is such a good guy. i'm glad you found each other! hope to see you soon,and happy birthday erik next week.
that was so sweet! i loved reading it! i didn't really know erik in school, just that he was jd's friend, but you guys sound so perfect together, i love it. good luck on all the decision making! i vote you have a baby! :-)
I'm coming back in July! FYI.
Its so hard to know what to do in life. I think whatever you choose will be great. All those jobs/careers sound awesome. Even if and when you do become a mom you can do it. I love Erik too, he is the best. Good luck with it all this week, we are here to help. Happy B-day Erik, thanks for the blessing. I am a dork.
Quite the post...hard to out do that one! LOVE the pic with Gram's parachute! Oh the memories...
Post a Comment