*Note: This is meant to be sarcastic and humorous...
I've been commuting to Logan every morning for 2 weeks now, and it's just now starting to settle in that this job is NOT temporary.
It's for reals.
And will be for at least 2 more years.
I've loved working at McKay Dee Hospital (despite my constant whining about co-workers and onery patients)
I miss my friends
My window overlooking beautiful Malan's Peak and the smoker's bench
Making fun of people as they walked by in ridiculous outfits
My wireless mouse and wireless headset
My pebbled ice/water machine 5 feet away from my desk
My dual monitors
My picture of Dwight. (I can't hang it up here, these people don't watch the Office and people kept asking me if it was a picture of my husband. How Rude!)
Our weekly parties
Taking walks around the pond
Karen's laugh and random comments
The huge cafeteria
The grand piano in the lobby
Being able to turn around and see 8 different people at one time.
I'm not going to lie, it's been a hard change so far.
At least I still have access to the internet
and IM that I can stay in touch with my McKay co-workers
But don't tell them that
I went from all those luxuries
To a ghetto desk
A 20 year old phone and headset
No fridge, toaster, or microwave for my constant snacking
and worst of all;
No one complains or gets frustrated with the patients
Must be all the Prozac
JK
I don't know how they make it through the day
or even make it back to work alive the next morning for that matter
It's the only way to stay SANE!
If you're ever at Logan Regional and you happen to walk by the Business office you'll be sure to hear me losing my patience
and hear a few cuss words from both ends of the phone.
I'm very lucky to have gotten this job. I know that, it's just hard for now but I will live.
Now that I've made myself sound like a complete spoiled brat, I feel better.
9 comments:
oh, i loved that post. isn't it true though. i feel the same way. will i ever be content. It seems a get one job, complain about that one, quit, get another one, complain about that one and wish i had my old one.
but its life.
hope your having a good day today.
darn that sucks about the dwight picture =-( lol well at least youc an email me mon and wed =-)
oh cute sammy... it always is hard to make those big life changes. Kudos to you for making the commute up here every day, now THAT's what would drive me crazy! I understand that not everyone is a fan of the Office, but I'm slightly baffled that they don't even recognize Dwight. Seriously, do they think that he looks like someone you would marry!?
That is so funny that people asked if Dwight was your husband!!! What kind of people don't know who Dwight is? Good luck w/ the new job - I'm sure it will get better :)
Ha, I am glad you feel better now! It's always nice to vent. I didn't even know you got a new job!! Good luck with it and I hope it gets better for you!
Now that you mention it Erik does look quite a it like Dwight! who doesn't watch the office???
I am laughing so hard right now some one really asked you if Dwight was your husband! hahahah! Hang in there it always takes time to adjust, once you get moved and settled I think things will get better! Ok sorry.... Still laughing about Dwight! hahaha!
Who would have ever thought you would miss McKay?? J/k I'm sorry the new job is hard but it will get better I'm sure. Whenever you need a pick me up I'll have Karen call you and laugh. That always brightens my day! and I must say I'm pretty convinced that the "others" must be brainwashed or something to not get frustrated!
haha welcome to Logan! Just kidding, you'll get to love it once summer rolls around, it's great up here in the summers, and it will be better once your hubby moves up too. When is he coming again? We defiantly need to hang out, our best friends are actually moving to Ogden in May to go to Weber State, so we'll need some buddies!
Post a Comment