6/17/09

Falling Apart

My body is falling apart. Whats new?
If you know me at all then you know its not new. I am accident prone and have the immune system of a snail. If I so much as look in the general direction of someone with a cold, I catch it.
It all started last Thursday when I sprained my ankle. I stepped off my front step, rolled it and POP! Sprained. I thought I was going to die. What was worse than the killer pain in my ankle, my neighbors were sitting in their car watching the whole thing, I'm sure they had a perfect view of my face as I went down but I was tough and didn't shed any tears.
But 2 1/2 hours later when Erik walked in the door THEN I started to bawl.

Monday I woke up with a cold.
Tuesday I had to call in sick because I was 100% positive that I had swine flu: after all, I had all the symptoms (achy, sore throat, nasal congestion, fever, chills) and we're not supposed to even enter the hospital with "flu like symptoms"

So I stayed home and was tended to by my prince Erik who luckily didn't have to work. (Lucky for me, maybe not him) And I finally watched "Legends of the Fall" for the first time and Crystal: Now I see what all the fuss is about Brad Pitt! Yowsa. Great movie.
Now I look like Rudolph after 3 days of blowing my nose even with Puff's plus.
Then this morning I was curling my hair and burned my chin with the curling iron.
I look LOVELY with my raw red nose, my sprained ankle and now my burned chin.
In other news; it's been quite boring around here. The rain has really put a damper on things; we haven't been able to explore or do much. We've gotten a lot done around the house, but a few things have yet to be taken care of. Here are just a few of the rooms (by request)...

View from kitchen/hallway
(work in progress, making bright colored pillows for couches, will post asap!)Favorite thing about this apartment: Garbage disposal and DISHWASHER!
Bedroom: a work in progress
One Sunday evening Erik and I headed up Green Canyon, rain and all. It was beautiful, we spotted a few caves, a rainbow and scoped out a few trails that we're excited to explore when the weather clears up.
Not sure what canyon this was up but Erik loved climbing to the top of this "peak"

and more fishing. This was at Porcupine Reservoir. It was so pretty up there, the water was like glass.I also would like to announce that we are going to have 2 Aggies in our Oberg abode.
Yes, I have been accepted to USU and will start this fall. I'm so excited to finish school and will still be a Wildcat at heart! I am going into secondary education. I will be studying health as my teaching subject so once I get that out of the way I'll start on the secondary teaching program.
Can't wait to get started.

9 comments:

anna said...

congrats on going back to school, that's awesome! And I hope you guys are enjoying Logan somewhat...summers up here usually are a LOT more fun...but this rain has really been terrible, hopefully by the end of this week you guys and start enjoying the REAL logan!

The Obergs said...

Wahooo!!!! I'm so glad that you finally were privy to the magnificence that is Brad Pitt! Seriously, could you handle him riding up on his stallion with that suit on and his flowing hair. I don't think I will ever get over him.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better, sorry I barged in on your sick day, but I really don't think I could have gone a whole day without Harry. I will admit that I'm fully obsessed and am almost ready to start the 3rd book (good thing I borrowed that one while I was there too).

By the way, would you guys call us when you go exploring??? I feel like such a bum that you guys have been here all of a month and have seen way more than we have in 2 1/2 years. I blame it on Taylor's TV addiction.

Pieces of Us said...

Your apartment is so cute! And congrats on getting into Utah State!

April said...

The apartment is awesome,that kitchen is bigger and more open than mine. Sorry about the body totally know how you feel, it sucks, hopefully it will pass soon. GLad it wasn't the swine.

meag said...

hey. wow i am so sorry about your back week. i hope it starts looking up. your house looks adorable, like always. i think i need the recipe for cafe rio salmon tacos....and you will lOVE love health, well at least i do. i wish i could go back three years and start into health instead of my major. i really enjoy it. ps. when are we getting together.

Donene said...

I am sorry about having the bad week. The nature pictures are great and glad to hear that you will be an "Aggie".

Lauren said...

your apartment is SO cute!!!! I love it I can't wait to come see it! WE kinda switched places I HAD a garbage disposal and a dishwasher and now you have those and I don't lucky!!!! Now I'll really appreciate those household items that at one time in my life just seemed like they were just there....sniff sniff

Kenzie said...

I am sorry you were sick.. that sucks. Your apartment is so cute!! I love how you decorated it, I need you to come decorate my home haha.

The Nielsens said...

Congrats Sammy! Good for you! I love it up at Utah State. Now I may sound like an idiot...but what is secondary ed?