2/18/10

First Fishing of 2010

Today was such a beautiful day as I left work I insisted we get out of the house and do something. Erik immediately suggested we go fishing at first dam. He couldn't wait to try out his new fishing pack that he got at the Sportsman's expo last week so off we went.
It was still 36 degrees but that is such an improvement with the sun shining that it felt like it was 70.
There were so many geese and ducks that I couldn't resist to snap a few shots of them.Erik didn't get lucky but he still left smiling, we've got 8 more months of fishing this year.

In other, more exciting, news;
  • I've been feeling baby moving like crazy since I was almost 16 weeks, but it's been getting stronger and more consistent day by day. At first I could only feel it when I would wear tighter pants when I was sitting, I felt it all day long at work but never other than that. Now I feel it almost constantly. But definitely the strongest when I lie down at night watching T.V. or going to bed.
  • Erik has felt baby kick about 4-5 times and every time he gets so excited and his face lights up. Makes me so happy, its so fun when he can feel it, I think it makes it seem more real.
  • The Olympics have been taking up a lot of our time this week, we don't do much of anything else after dinner. The Olympic games are on; we're watching. But seriously they are so amazing, thus, boring posts.
  • Monday Erik and I went to Babies R Us to browse for cribs. It was so fun, I found one that I love, but now I've come across this one on Spearmint baby. Makes me want to find a very inexpensive or used crib and then just paint it to go with the nursery. Guess we'll see whats in the budget and how much I feel like painting!
  • One more week and we'll know what baby is. My guess is a boy, Erik's been thinking boy since conception so guess we'll see. My friend Paige is due just 4 days before us and she found out she's having a boy, and my sister April is having a boy. 'Tis the season for boys so now I'm kind of hoping for a girl, she'll be quite the princess and have her fair share of boys to choose from (everyone in my ward is having or just had boys).
  • I started a new job a month ago; McKay Dee and Logan Regional combined billing, customer service which I used to do is now down at McKay and all the billing and follow up is at Logan. I do follow up, so I call insurance companies all day long trying to get them to pay or do research on the account to see why it's not being paid. It's actually pretty fun, I have my own work to do, I don't have to rely on a team to pull their own weight so it's going great so far.
  • And lastly I have decided to grow out my bangs, I've had them for a year now and I decided it's time for a change we'll see how long I last before I trim them.

10 comments:

Alyssa Harper said...

that's so exciting! I loved feeling the baby move. Made the whole pregnancy thing much, much better having a physical reminder of why I was going through with this discomfort. :)

I've never seen you without bangs. I bet you'll look way cute though.

Lauren said...

My mom had a crib just like that when I was a baby and than she kept it forever and gave it away to our cousin lindsay.. i wonder if she still has it because i totally want it when i have a baby!! I love it! but most likely she doesn't =-(

Paige said...

I love that crib. Such a good idea to paint it to match the nursery. The weather has been so nice here too! The only bad thing is that it gets dark so early here so there's not any time after work to enjoy the good weather. I so going for a good long walk tomorrow while it's nice out. So funny that you want a girl cuz everyone is having boys! In the back of my mind I wanted a boy because all of my friends are having girls! ha I just wanted to be different I guess. :) I'm selfish though and I want you to have a boy so they can be friends. Either way I'm so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see what the little peanut is.

Rob and Vienna said...

That's so fun you went fishing, and I love all the ducks :) I can't wait to find out what you're having; so exciting. It would be so fun to paint and do your own crib, then it'd be one of a kind.

My bangs are almost all grown out for the first time in seriously years, and I'll probably get bored and cut them any day now. Good luck to you in the growing out phase :)

April said...

that crib is dang cute. Wow next week, it will be a long week till you find out but can't wait. I say girl.

Chelsie said...

ah it's the neatest feeling to feel your little one moving inside you...it's one thing i miss when i'm not pregnant. i'm excited to hear what you guys are having

Kenzie said...

Isn't it so fun feeling them move? I just barely started feeling my little guy move.. I am excited for you to find out what you are having! All the girls I know that are pregnant right now are having boys.. so if you did have a girl.. she would for sure have a lot of boys to choose from! :)

By the way, I love that crib!

Amy said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having and I was going to suggest painting a crib! I think it'd be way fun and I'll help you if you aren't feeling up to it!
As for the bangs just get yourself some headbands and pull them straight back thats what I've been doing lately!!! Can't wait to meet baby Oberg!

The Four Eggs said...

OH yah!!! I didn't hear you were pregnant! We never get told anything!!! Congrats we are so excited for you!

The Munfords said...

Hey sorry I just read you comment I haven't checked my blog forever. Congrats on the new little one they are truly blessings! Do you know what you are having yet? I hope you guys are doing well. We are always up for getting out and going to dinner you guys should forsure give us a call we would love to do dinner. 435-754-6412 Let us know!